Eight members of the RV Paid Search team are heading up the East Coast to the City of Brotherly Love from April 25-27 for the world’s largest all-PPC event, Hero Conf. This three-day conference is jam packed with 36 breakout sessions, more than 50 speakers and 10 networking events. While the group is über excited to eat philly cheese steaks with 700 other PPC Pros who are equally obsessed with ad copy wins and attribution models at the “Philly Cheese Steak Break,” here are the 5 things we’re most pumped about for this trip:
1. Hearing from Purna Virji (again) – A few weeks ago, Purna, the Senior Bing Ads Training & Client Development Manager at Microsoft, visited Charlotte to present a Bing Ads Academy at Red Ventures. The team found this presentation to be really insightful and full of useful information – and we also appreciated her fun delivery. She’ll be sharing “The Best PPC Mistakes & How to Avoid Them” at Hero Conf and we’re looking forward to hearing her recommendations.
2. Abandoning Best Practices – This might sound counterintuitive, as we have best practices in Paid Search for a reason. However, as a member of DISRUPT, Red Ventures’ internal accelerator focused on evolving our digital strategy to keep up with the ever-changing world around us, this keynote talk from Brad Geddes is extremely relevant. As technologies and consumer behavior evolve best practices should be constantly reevaluated, and I am excited to hear about specific scenarios in which this has proven successful for an account’s performance.
3. Running up the Rocky Steps while listening to “Eye of the Tiger” – Video to come.
4. Social Advertising Redefined – With many team members working closely with Red Ventures’ social advertising partner, Ampush, Marty Weintraub’s keynote address on turning the abundance of social psychographic data into attributable conversion is highly anticipated. Marty has spoken at hundreds of international search and social marketing conferences, so we are excited to hear what he has to say.
5. Team Bonding – One thing I’m most looking forward to during this conference is getting to know seven members of the RV Paid Search team even better than I do today. Conferences are a great opportunity to take a step back from daily meetings and management of our individual accounts, allowing us to return with fresh ideas and approaches to our work.
Kaylee Bates is a Paid Search Associate on DISRUPT where she manages a key account in the wireless industry. A graduate of Boston University, she joined Red Ventures nine months ago by way of Germany, where she ran accounts for worldwide travel and retail clients. In her free time, she enjoys exploring Charlotte, training to become a Hot Yoga instructor and learning how to ride a road bike without tipping over.