2019 was a time of unparalleled growth for our team, for our partnerships, and most importantly, for our students.
We opened the year with audacious goals to broaden and deepen our programs, provide richer experiences to our students, and create pathways to prosperity for young adults across Charlotte. As always, we hit the ground running.
By January, we had launched our inaugural IT Desktop Support R2H@CLT Academy, with 17 graduates launching tech careers with employers like Bank of America and Red Ventures. As the school year approached, we expanded our R2H Academies with 40 high school students in our CMS Tech in Schools program, and an inaugural Digital Marketing cohort in collaboration with Johnson C. Smith University.
In September, we launched our first LifeSports girls’ cohort at Renaissance West STEAM Academy, closely followed by our newest LifeKicks cohort at MLK Middle School. And this year, we welcomed 80 new students to Golden Door Scholars, opening the program to all undocumented students and convening with an unforgettable three-day summit on the Red Ventures campus.
While the impact this investment has on our students’ lives is immeasurable, here are a few numbers we’re particularly proud of: In 2019 we…
- Added 464 students to our programs, making our total community more than 1,300 students strong
- Increased to 33 Community and Employer partners – including AvidXchange, Atrium Health, and Lowe’s
- Saw our program graduates start careers at premier employers like Novant Health, Accenture, and EY
- Grew our volunteer network to more than 625 people, who have humbled us with their gifts
As we move into 2020, we’re excited to announce that we’ve united our nonprofit brands under the Road to Hire umbrella. We are now a unified platform, providing students with onramps to opportunity, employment and, ultimately, hope.
We believe in a Charlotte where all people have a chance to pursue stable, sustainable employment. We believe that we can positively change the trajectory of our community. Most of all, we believe that this is the work of a lifetime – the work of our lifetimes. We couldn’t – and can’t – do that work without you.
On behalf of the entire Road to Hire team, thank you for your support.
2019 by the Numbers
We believe in a Charlotte where:
- Every young person in our community has hope, confidence and opportunity.
- Great careers are for all people, and the education you need to build those careers is for all people.
- Providing college and career success is the responsibility of all people.
We believe in a Charlotte where stable, sustainable employment for all is the foundation of a unified and prosperous city.
Learn more about our Road to Hire pathways here.