We look a lot different than we did this time last year. Today, Red Ventures operates proprietary brands across 18 different verticals. 2019 featured major acquisitions, exciting new launches, and countless RVers who stepped up to lead our businesses and culture from every level. All-in, it’s been one remarkable year.
Now that you’ve got the big picture, read on for a deeper dive into the numbers that defined 2019 at Red Ventures.
RV now occupies a whopping 875,000 square feet of space – that’s 34 buildings in 3 continents, 13 U.S. states, and Puerto Rico.
- 🏗️ We opened 2 brand-new offices. Our Bankrate and TPG teams joined forces in NYC – and our CreditCards.com team got some sweet new digs in Austin, TX.
- 🇵🇷 Our first Forward787 cohort returned to Puerto Rico, where they’ll begin businesses to revitalize the island.
- 👋 We acquired Healthline + Higher Education, bringing on 500 new teammates and 6 new offices – from San Francisco, CA to Brighton, UK.
- 🇬🇧 We launched TPG UK, which has already become the biggest Points & Miles site in the UK. 🏆 The team won a Lovie Award , too! (It’s like the Webby’s, but with more crumpets.)
- 🌎 We are truly global. 62% of RV employees are based in Charlotte, and 38% are based in our offices around the world.
RV content reaches ⅓ of the U.S. population every month – via social media, search engine, paid ads, podcasts, and more.
- 🏥 This year, Healthline became the #1 most visited health website in the U.S.
- 📝 We published more than 40,000 pieces of content across all our digital assets in 2019.
- 🎙️ We launched a podcast! 3 Things w/ Ric Elias released 23 episodes for 50,000 listeners.
- 🖱️ Across all our brands, we amassed 184.5M total Paid Search clicks on Google & Bing.
- 🚀 We launched the INSPIRED blog this summer – and loaded it with thought leadership content from 227 employee contributors.
RV is the place to grow your career, learn new skills, and make a meaningful impact at work. As the ancient proverb goes, “you’ll learn more in 2 years with us than you’d learn in 5 anywhere else.” This is why:
- 🎪 We hosted our BIGGEST Culture FEST yet – with 2,000 attendees and 6 keynote speakers. Plus, we held our first day-long, company-wide ‘mini-fest’ we called Halftime.
- 💁♀️ Nearly ⅓ of our leadership roles are occupied by women. (And we won’t stop there. 📊 We’re using compensation and performance data to close the gender opportunity gap.)
- 🎓 We kicked off the RV Launch Program, where recent college grads can fast-track their careers in 7 different career paths.
- 🚩 We invented 1 new mascot, ARVY the Aardvark. (R…V… Get it?!)
- 💡 Most importantly, 91% of RV employees feel they are doing important work (according to our annual Engagement Survey).
RV invested more than ever before in employee growth, because we believe in getting better every day.
- 🍎 We launched “The Curve Online” – a company-wide learning platform where RVers can learn from internal experts and external influencers.
- 🧠 Since launching The Curve Online, RVers have completed 14k+ hours of online L&D. (Plus, 347 in-person classes!)
- 🎤 We’ve hosted 15 RedTalks featuring speakers like celebrity chef Bobby Flay, entrepreneur John Henry, and Refinery29 co-founder, Piera Gelardi.
- ☀️ We brought on 71 summer interns (and can’t wait for many of them to come back full-time.)
- 📚 374 employees completed an RV Accelerator program (in tech, data, or digital marketing) to deepen their skillset or completely change career tracks here at Red Ventures.
RV continued to expand our opportunity platform, and we entered a new chapter with our efforts in Puerto Rico.
- 💸 We supported 32 nonprofit organizations that RVers are actively championing. (Learn more about our Community Involvement Program here.)
- ✨ Our 17 social impact programs supported 1,100+ students – including LifeSports GIRLS and a first-of-its kind digital marketing course at Johnson C. Smith University.
- 🛣️ Road to Hire is leading us into becoming a “for-Charlotte” platform, with 5 new community partners (including Novant Health, Bank of America, and AvidXchange) replicating our model at their companies. This year, nearly 250 R2H students graduated.
- 🔑 Golden Door Scholars expanded to include undocumented students without DACA – and welcomed 80 new scholars. 📓 Now, we have a grand total of 439 scholars in our network.
- 🏀 LifeSports expanded their reach in the Charlotte community too, opening 3 new locations, expanding our program to young women, and doubling down on literacy.
- 🤗 None of this would be possible without Red Ventures volunteers – 625 of them gave their time this year.
Want more highlights from 2019? Check out @redventures on Instagram, Facebook, and LinkedIn. Or, take a trip through years past. We’ve got End of Year illustrations for 2018, 2017, and 2016… all right here.