Celebrate the season of giving at our Virtual Makers and (new for 2020) Givers Market! Find gifts for your friends, family, aunts, in-laws, neighbors, pets, teachers, dentists, electricians, and coworkers (*wink*) all while supporting RV entrepreneurs and volunteers.
Browse the “Makers” list below to shop from businesses run by your very own teammates, and check out the “Givers” section to discover some of the nonprofits RVers are passionate about, along with ways you can give back.
MyStyDesignCo: Fun, funny, and seasonal comfy t-shirts, sweatshirts, and mugs.
- Teammate: Emily Rasmussen
- Link to shop: https://etsy.me/2ZZusRb
- Inside scoop: You’ll also find a listing for custom crochet and knit items – but supply for those is limited, so get your orders in soon.
- Discounts: As a special thank you for supporting Emily’s side projects this holiday season, you can use the code “REDVENTURES15” for 15% off any of the printed items in the shop!!
BOV Treats: Homemade vegan cookies.
- Teammate: Natalie Brown
- Link: http://bovtreats.com/ or https://www.instagram.com/bovtreats/
- Inside scoop: BOV’s homemade vegan cookies can be shipped nationwide and sent right to your doorstep. They’re baked with love, using all vegan ingredients for the perfect combination of soft, sweet, and conscious. The perfect gift for the holidays! Our flavors are Chocolate Chip, Sugar, and my signature Oreo Cheesecake recipe.
Scentsy: Wax warmers, diffusers, oils, lotions, and more.
- Teammate: Jenny Lohr
- Link: https://scentsworthmeltinfor.scentsy.us/
- Inside scoop: Jenny is an independent scentsy consultant who wants to help your life smell as amazing as you are. There products are non toxic, flame free and worth every penny! They make great unique and fun gifts. Be sure to order by December 10th to receive your orders by Christmas!
Fireflies and Fables: A wide variety of fairy-tale and book inspired illustrations on T-shirts, mugs, ornaments, and more.
- Teammate: Victor Hahn
- Link: https://www.etsy.com/shop/firefliesandfables
- Inside scoop: We are also now taking orders for custom painted canvas shoes (Vans, Toms, etc.). If you don’t see a design that speaks to you, message us and we can create one just for you. We offer custom painted shoes for men, women, and kids!
- Discounts: As a special thank you, all of these items are 10% off for Red Ventures employees!
The Stock Market: Custom Christmas stockings
- Teammate: Colleen Nicol
- Link: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1CDisbuvRClU7I98VpRs4iVJ3sbey8OS0-MWgWkrUJNU/edit?usp=sharing
- Details: These are available in a range of fabrics and can include an extra personalized touch if you desire. Check out the link above for current options, and reach out to Colleen if you have any questions!
My Cave Mania: A variety of NFL, NBA, MLB and collegiate merchandise to satisfy the fanatic in you.
- Teammate: KB Bell
- Link: E-mail email@example.com
- Inside scoop: No matter the occasion, whether it’s to up fit your sports cave or to give your automobile that personal touch, My Cave Mania has what you need. My Cave Mania is delighted to also offer sports gift baskets, great for holidays, birthdays and every occasion in between.
Whitworth Trading Co: One of a kind vintage/boho home decor.
- Teammate: Savannah Cook
- Link: https://www.instagram.com/whitworthtradingco/
- Inside scoop: Shop with Savannah on the instagram @WhitworthTradingCo based out of York, SC. They drop new items WEEKLY on their instagram so make sure you turn on IG post notifications so you’re the first to know when we list new goods! Whitworth Traiding Co accepts Venmo/Cashapp and does local pickup and delivery. Shipping is available for small items!
- Discounts: Keep an eye out- our next few drops will have exclusive discounts for RV employees only!
Yoga with Mel: A great way to engage in low impact exercise, practice mindfulness, and improve balance, flexibility, and muscle tone.
- Teammate: Melissa Monaco
- Link: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1d8-YjVmKlajDdw59cHfcsnbSxdshca0RiasbeNVdiVw/edit
- Inside scoop: If you’ve been wanting to explore yoga or deepen your existing practice, private instruction or small group classes are perfect for you! I offer a variety of options in a private or small group setting via Zoom or in person (socially distanced, of course!)
- Discounts: I’m offering special discounts for those who book during the Virtual Makers Market: 10% off any single session or class bookings, and 15% off when you book 2 or more sessions or classes. Please reach out to Mel with any questions you may have. She hopes to see you on your mat soon! Namaste
Paintings by Ruth: Limited collections of acrylic ink paintings.
- Teammate: Ruth Russell
- Link: https://www.instagram.com/rrussell718/
- Inside scoop: Ruth Russell is painting 3 different collections. Each collection is themed and each painting will be original (no prints will be made). Buy it today, because no one in the world will have the same piece of art!
The Second Mills: Minimally designed products, such as hats, coffee mugs, t-shirts and sweatshirts.
- Teammate: Steven Mills
- Link: https://www.etsy.com/shop/thesecondmills
- Inside scoop: We currently have a few items, but check back often because there will be more soon! Make sure to place your order before December 10th if you want to arrive before December 25th.
- Discounts: There is currently a Cyber Week sale of 20% off going on for select products.
Soileasus Nest: The most adorable tree ornament you’ll ever see during a pandemic!
- Teammate: Joshua Soileau
- Link: https://www.etsy.com/SoileausNest/listing/876130748/2020-face-mask-christmas-ornament
- Inside scoop: Louise makes these tiny tree masks in our living room by hand (and with the help of our 5 year old!). They make fantastic presents, and she can even do limited custom wording on them for orders of large quantities. She’s running a Black Friday / Cyber Monday sale through the weekend, and after that’s over she’ll keep the same sale going just for RV employees (10% off)! She loves talking with her customers, so if you have any questions or special requests, just reach out to her on Etsy!
OhSwell: Unique wood pieces, including Tarot deck holders and accessories for some tabletop games (Gloomhaven, etc.)
- Teammate: Dan Ackerman
- Link: https://www.etsy.com/shop/OhSwell
Techlandia: The tabletop game of smartphones and supernatural horror
- Teammate: Dan Ackerman
- Link: https://techlandiagame.com
- Inside scoop: Speaking of gaming, Techlandia is my funny+scary Kickstarter-funded board game for 1-4 players, about heroic tech bloggers trying to stop an all-powerful tech company from destroying the world with its new smartphone. Gizmodo called it, “A fun mix of quirky social commentary and Lovecraftian horror.”
The Tetris Effect: a NY Times-reviewed non-fiction book
- Teammate: Dan Ackerman
- Link: https://www.amazon.com/Tetris-Effect-Game-Hypnotized-World-ebook/dp/B01DWX9T7G
- Inside scoop: If you have a reader or video game fan on your list, my NY Times-reviewed non-fiction book, The Tetris Effect, tells the true-life cold-war story of how Tetris was stolen from behind the Iron Curtain in the 1980s… “Upends the standard Silicon Valley, Steve Jobs/Mark Zuckerberg technology-creation myth…the story shines” — The New York Times
3DCustomPrintsUS: 3D Printed Nerdy Memorabilia
- Teammate: Blanka Nagy
- Link: https://www.etsy.com/shop/3DCustomPrintsUS
- Inside scoop: We print nerdy memorabilia like Star Wars, Pokemon, Stargate, Wonder Woman ornaments, Mandalorian, Nintendo switch grip, Fractal pyramid lamps, Stargate and Babylon ships to name a few. If you’d like something different, custom orders are available on the 5-star review etsy shop.
- Fun Fact: During the beginning of the pandemic and as a new business, we’ve changed the stores’ purpose to assist with masks and ears savers. Via small store revenue and gofundme we’ve donated thousands of them to front line workers.
The Isabella Santos Foundation (ISF): Send cheer to kids fighting cancer by writing them a “warm wish.”
- Teammate: Jacob Virgil
- Details: I have the honor of serving with The Isabella Santos Foundation (ISF), a local organization that helps children fighting rare pediatric cancer at the Levine Children’s hospital and a couple other major programs throughout the country. We need your help in at least one of two ways this holiday season.
- How to support: Just head here: https://isabellasantosfoundation.org/warmwishes/. (If you’d like to make a monetary donation, you can always join our monthly donor club. Every dollar helps! https://isabellasantosfoundation.org/monthlydonorclub/)
Innocent Lives Foundation: Donate to support unmasking online child predators.
- Teammate: Mandy Cox
- Details: I’m a volunteer with ILF where I get to work with some of the world’s most creative people to unmask online child predators. Researchers use open source intelligence (OSINT) and work with law enforcement to build more evidence against child predators. We also do our best to teach parents and guardians how to keep their children safe online. In 2019, we submitted 86 cases to law enforcement. This year we’ve already surpassed 150 cases submitted. It can cost anywhere between $7,500 – $10,000 per case and that’s where our community comes in.
- How to support: Become an ILF Hero by supporting us monthly: https://www.ilfhero.org/. Can’t commit to a monthly donation but would still love to give? Head on over to our donation page: https://www.innocentlivesfoundation.org/donate/
Rebuild Together: Donate to provide home repairs that increase safety, improve physical and mental health, foster independence, and improve upward mobility and community.
- Teammate: Maghan Cook
- Details: Here’s the deal: many people in Charlotte do not have the luxury of a safe place to stay right now. To me, it’s just not okay to be okay with that. I know this year was awful for all of us in so many ways, but we can still do so much good with what we have. I believe that everyone deserves the dignity of a home, and that their home should be a healthy and safe place to be. And I believe that we CAN make a difference in the lives of our neighbors in need. I’ve had the privilege of serving on the board of Rebuilding Together of Greater Charlotte for two years now and I’ve seen the difference we can make in peoples’ lives through home repairs that increase safety, improve physical and mental health, foster independence, and improve upward mobility and community. That’s why I’m asking you to donate whatever you can. Not only will it change lives (it will), but as we’ve learned, giving to others can help you to live longer and happier! So basically, I’m asking you to give a gift to yourself. Talk about a no-brainer.
- How to support: If you click on THIS LINK, you’ll find real-life examples of how your donation will help families in need. But to sweeten the deal, I’m willing to throw in EVEN more to make my audacious goal:
- Donate $25 and I’ll write you a thank you note so nice and overflowing with compliments you’ll frame it.
- Donate $100 and I’ll forward that note to your boss.
- Donate $500 and I’ll buy you dinner.
- Donate $1000 and that dinner won’t be from Subway.
- Donate $2500 or more and I’ll be your friend for life, even if you’re not particularly nice
- THANK YOU!
Want to help us celebrate these amazing RVers’ products and organizations outside of RV? Follow RV social media (@RedVentures) all week long for shareable content spotlighting the talented people featured above, and more.
Happy shopping, and happy giving!