RED VENTURES MBA INTERNSHIP PROGRAM:
The Red Ventures MBA Internship Program targets high performing individuals pursing their MBA who have demonstrated a track record of success through work, educational and internship performance. Although this is not a formal rotational program, the Red Ventures’ MBA Internship Program will offer the chance to explore multiple career tracks within Digital Media, Business Operations, Tech Product, and Consumer Data & Analytics. All Interns will benefit from our thorough on-boarding and training, company sponsored events, and continued training and leadership development. You’ll have daily exposure to our executive and senior leadership team and benefit from their unparalleled experiences.
As an MBA Intern, you will have responsibilities in the most critical aspects of our rapidly growing businesses. You’ll immerse yourself and build knowledge in different areas, you’ll drive performance, develop solutions, and see your impact firsthand. Let’s be clear: you won’t just analyze the data – you’ll own the strategy and implementation of your work. (We put that in bold because we really mean it.) Based on your skill set and our business needs, you’ll focus in one of four areas throughout the summer. Here’s what those concentration areas might look like:
- Digital Media: You’ll develop, execute, and manage strategies in every digital marketing channel that matters, including paid search, organic search, paid social, and email. We’ll give you access to cutting edge technologies and world-class platforms and give you the autonomy to meaningfully impact the bottom line. Deal? (Take the deal.)
- Business Operations: You’ll derive strategic insights from our digital marketing, user experience, and customer acquisition data to drive marketing investment and funnel optimization. Why? Because it’s your opportunity to directly impact business P&L.
- Product: You’ll liaison between the business and the product engineering teams to help define and deliver proprietary technologies to our internal businesses and partners. When you’re done with all that, you’ll help define features and create product roadmaps. You’ll also learn more about tech than anyone in the history of the world.
- Data & Analytics: You’ll analyze consumer data sets within a range of industries to identify opportunities and solve business-critical problems throughout the organization. As if that weren’t exciting enough, you’ll also be tasked with synthesizing the data to provide recommendations to the business teams on different opportunities we should pursue. Look at you, practically running the company.
WHY INTERN AT RED VENTURES:
Red Ventures offers a unique opportunity for MBA interns to own meaningful projects and make a real business impact. Typically, our interns own 1-2 main projects during their time at RV and present results to their team and senior leadership at the end of the summer. Feedback is an important part of an internship and our interns receive two formal performance reviews throughout the summer. Top performing interns will also be eligible for full-time offers at the end of the summer.
WHAT IT TAKES TO BE CONSIDERED FOR OUR MBA INTERNSHIP:
A strong analytical prowess and entrepreneurial mindset
- Currently enrolled in an accredited and reputable university pursuing an MBA with intended graduation of Spring 2019.
- 2-5 years of business experience prior to attending a top-tier MBA program.
- Strong undergraduate academic performance with a preferred minimum GPA of 3.4.
- You have experience building complex operational and financial models, conducting ROI analysis, synthesizing recommendations, and presenting them to senior executives. (Statistics, management consulting, or investment banking experience is more relevant to this role than traditional marketing or market research analysis.)
- You’re comfortable measuring, interpreting, and making real-time decisions based on large volumes of sales and marketing performance data.
- You’re comfortable in a fast-paced and often changing environment, with an inclination to solve new problems, learn new skills, and proactively take ownership of critical initiatives in order to succeed.
- Intellectual curiosity with a strong desire to utilize your advanced quantitative skills with large data sets and compelling business challenges.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Scrappy, tenacious, and self-motivated team player coupled with a competitive spirit, no ego, and a great sense of humor.
- Willingness to hurl Nerf darts at your neighbor. Or your boss.
- The passion and drive to be a catalyst in a dynamic, ambiguous, fast-paced, and high-pressure environment.
- A strong desire and commitment to get better every day – with a constant thirst to continue learning.
- Did we mention a great sense of humor?
And you’ll get bonus points for:
- Experience with SQL, SSAS or other database/analysis packages.
WHAT YOU GET:
Yes, we have a basketball court, onsite bistro, and bowling alley, but that’s not why you should come to Red Ventures. Come here because you want to make an impact and get better every day. Come here because you want to own your work as well as the trajectory of your career. Come here because you’re great at what you do, and because you want to innovate, break new ground, and help us continue to grow by double digits year over year.
In addition, we also offer the following:
- Subsidized meals at our onsite cafes, smoothie and coffee bars
- Fitness Center, spin studio, basketball court, bowling alley, and yoga studio
- A casual dress code
Red Ventures is a leading digital consumer choice platform based in Charlotte, North Carolina. Through deeply integrated brand partnerships and consumer-facing assets, Red Ventures connects online customers with products and services across high-growth industries including home services, financial services, and healthcare. Founded in 2000, Red Ventures has more than 2,700 employees in offices across the Carolinas, Seattle, Washington, and Sao Paulo, Brazil.
We combine the adaptability and creativity of a start-up, the strategic thinking of a management consultancy, and the technology development and analytics of a software company – all under one roof. At Red Ventures, you’ll find highly skilled, competitive, yet collaborative, people who have a bias-to action and a desire to get better every single day.