Careers / Positions Social Media & Influencer Strategy Director - Healthline
Our goal is to listen, engage, and activate voices across Red Ventures to ensure that all identity groups and perspectives are represented in our work. Our aspiration is to have diverse teams at every level of the company, and we seek candidates who bring unique personal experiences, curiosity and an eagerness to embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion.
At a Glance
As Director of Social Media & Influencer Strategy, you will be responsible for bringing Healthline Media’s voice and brand to life across multiple touchpoints in our followers daily lives, and creating narratives for several verticals and brands, including Healthline, Greatist, Medical News Today, and PsychCentral. Reporting to our VP of Content & Brand Strategy, this role involves creative strategy and data, and will bridge marketing and editorial. You will be responsible for partnering across editorial, marketing, and design to develop social media programming that fosters a deep sense of community and grows both brand engagement and revenue. You will manage a small team of social media managers and will collaborate closely with Healthline’s Video, Editorial, Design, Sales, and Content Marketing, and Product Marketing teams.
You’ll have an opportunity to set the vision and social media strategy for Healthline. You’ll be joining a 75+ person editorial team, that includes a core leadership group of site EICs, our director of newsletters, and our head of market content. We’re a collaborative, strategic, and inquisitive team that cares deeply about having a positive impact on the world.
What You’ll Do
- Lead overall social content programming strategy, including curation & distribution of articles, and video on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter & other social platforms.
- Be cognizant of ROI and seek out opportunities to create social media and influencer activations and campaigns that both build brand and attract sponsorship opportunities.
- Develop social media ad products in connection with Product Marketing teams.
- Execute and oversee sponsored social media campaigns, and assure alignment with brand integrity and voice by brand and platform.
- Implement an experimentation framework and develop data-driven insights to optimize content delivery that drives engagement across all accounts.
- Plan & execute innovative promotional and content-focused campaigns to drive growth and improve brand awareness.
- Partner with product marketing to launch new verticals and products in coordination with cross-functional teams & editorial staff.
- Be an evangelist and thought leader for social media across the company. Stay on top of the latest trends and best practices. Identify new social channels and create processes for where, when and how Healthiline’s content can be distributed. Transform Healthline, MNT, Greatist, and PsychCentral into innovative market leaders for social & influencer marketing best practices.
- Build a team and culture that is constantly monitoring trends, testing new channels and ideas, and helping all key stakeholders understand what is working and why.
- Direct the creative and editorial operations of all social media content. Manage budget, team coordination, tools and processes to drive efficiency and cross-functional alignment.
- Analyze performance data and iterate to achieve optimal performance. Partner with the data and analytics team to continually evolve our understanding of what algorithm factors are driving the most impact.
- Collaborate with owners of other channels (paid, email, site, etc) to ensure alignment and consistency across the consumer journey.
- Ensure all social media posts align with voice, brand, and content tentpoles.
- Manage a team of seven.
What We’re Looking For
- You love social media marketing. You admire influencers and other marketers that are driving impact through innovative social best practices. You read social media marketing blogs in your spare time and daydream about hashtags, groups, live video and innovative campaigns.
- You are skilled at taking in a huge amount of seemingly unrelated data, ideas and random thoughts, and creating a focused Big Idea from the chaos. People are drawn to your inspired vision and want to rally around it. And bring it to life in execution.
- Strong ability to develop creative, clear, and engaging copy with an eye and instinct on what works on Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest, Youtube, and Twitter. You can clearly articulate what posts belong on what channel and why.
- You understand that building a brand through social media starts with understanding your target audience. You’re proactively listening to commentary on social, connecting with followers, reviewing the data, and looking for qualitative insights to influence and inform your social strategy and develop personas.
- You frame social media marketing strategy in the context of business goals and consumer needs. You consider ROI, business objectives, consumer need, and competitive differentiation as a part of every investment.
- You understand that your role is to provide strategic direction, not have tactical control. You have experience working cross-functionally to influence change. You’re a team player with excellent interpersonal skills and able to establish effective relationships at all levels of the organization.
- Detail-oriented and possessing organizational, time management, problem solving and communication skills.
- You have 8+ years managing social media, at least 2+ years at the director level at an agency, consultancy, consumer product company or media company.
- You bring a demonstrated track record transforming social media into a strategic, brand and revenue generating channel.
A Red Ventures Brand
Over the last twenty years, Red Ventures has built a portfolio of influential brands, digital platforms, and strategic partnerships that work together to connect millions of people with expert advice. Through premium content and personalized digital experiences, Red Ventures builds online journeys that make it easier for people to make important decisions about their homes, health, travel, finances, education and entertainment. Founded in 2000, Red Ventures has 3,000 employees in 10 cities across the US, as well as in the UK and Brazil. Red Ventures owns and operates several large digital brands including Healthline, The Points Guy, Bankrate, MYMOVE, and Allconnect.com.
For more information, visit https://redventures.com and follow @RedVentures on social platforms.
We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits program for full-time employees, including medical, dental and vision coverage, paid time off, life insurance, disability coverage, employee assistance program, 401(k) plan and a paid parental leave program.
Red Ventures is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or any other basis protected by law. Employment at Red Ventures is based solely on a person's merit and qualifications.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with disabilities. This includes providing reasonable accommodation where appropriate. Should you require a reasonable accommodation to apply or participate in the job application or interview process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Join the world’s fastest-growing digital health platform, with a global audience of hundreds of millions of monthly readers. Healthline is one of the largest brands within the Red Ventures portfolio and includes prestigious digital properties such as Healthline.com, Medical News Today, PsychCentral, and Greatist. We’re looking for a wide range of talent to help us continue to build a stronger, healthier world.Learn More about Healthline