Careers / Positions Senior Data Scientist-Red Platform
Our goal is to listen, engage, and activate voices across Red Ventures to ensure that all identity groups and perspectives are represented in our work. Our aspiration is to have diverse teams at every level of the company, and we seek candidates who bring unique personal experiences, curiosity and an eagerness to embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion.
At a Glance
The Data Science team at Red Ventures is a tight-knit, fast-paced and even faster-growing team working with a large amount of complete and powerful data. From identifying the right consumer audience, creating personalized content and experience, to recommending the products/services that best fit each customer’s needs, the Data Science team at Red Ventures drives growth for every aspect of our multi-billion dollar business.
As a Sr. Data Scientist on the Central Data Science team, you will be expected to create innovative solutions to solve business problems by using data science and turning them into real world solutions for decision making online or offline. You will solve business critical problems inside a company that has a strong culture of measurement, testing, and optimization across all facets of its marketing and customer journey. You will see your contributions make a material impact to a business’s bottom line. If you are an expert of cutting-edge data science technology and would like to use them to drives millions of decisions a day to create value for consumers and business, this role is for you.
What You'll Do
- Research the state of the art of machine learning, statistical modeling and optimization technologies, and its applications in digital marketing, digital media and e-commerce.
- Create innovative data science solutions to create value for consumers and business by advancing technology ideas into proof of concepts, prototypes, and minimum viable products.
- Initiate and lead the execution of data science research and product development projects often with a cross-functional, multi-disciplinary team. Collaborate with stakeholders to drive decisions.
- Act as an effective technical liaison to the business leaders. Works effectively across business, creative, and engineering groups to solve problems. Helps build a positive culture across technical and business teams.
- Mentor and/or manage junior members on the team and serve as a subject matter of expertise of data science internally. Contribute to the cross-organization technology strategy and roadmap for data science.
What We're Looking For
- 4+ year professional experience as a data scientist and a MS or PhD degree in STEM with specialization in machine learning, statistical modeling or optimization
- Expert knowledge of machine learning, statistical modeling and optimization, with expertise and experience in at least one of the following areas: marketing channel optimization, conversational AI, recommender systems, NLP, deep learning and reinforcement learning
- Entrepreneur mindset with strong business acumen and capability of coming up with creative ideas to create value for consumers and business, proven track record of advancing research ideas into production
- Proficiency in one or multiple data science programming languages such as R, Python and Spark
- Capability of communicating effectively with business and data science leaders on project status, timeline and technical results
- Proficient at collecting and mining data from disparate data sources, and willing to dig deeper and understand the process that creates the data
- Analytical and detail oriented with the ability to prioritize, execute and deliver projects on time
- Capability of translating business opportunities into data science problems and defining the right project scope and performance metric to measure success
- Must be comfortable with unstructured, fast moving and constantly evolving high growth environment
- Committed team player who is proactive, takes ownership over the success of their projects, and works hard to support those around them
- Applied experience with machine learning and optimization on large datasets; expertise in developing data science solution at scale using distributed, cloud resources is a plus.
Who We Are
Founded in 2000, Red Ventures is a portfolio of growing digital businesses that bring consumers and brands together through integrated e-commerce, strategic partnerships and many proprietary brands including Bankrate, AllConnect.com and Reviews.com. Headquartered south of Charlotte, NC, Red Ventures has over 3000 employees in offices across the US, as well as London and Sao Paulo. For more information, visit www.redventures.com.
We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits program for full-time employees, including medical, dental and vision coverage, paid time off, life insurance, disability coverage, employee assistance program, 401(k) plan and a paid parental leave program.
Red Ventures is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or any other basis protected by law. Employment at Red Ventures is based solely on a person's merit and qualifications.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with disabilities. This includes providing reasonable accommodation where appropriate. Should you require a reasonable accommodation to apply or participate in the job application or interview process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Red Ventures is a portfolio of influential brands, digital platforms, and strategic partnerships. We’re made up of dozens of teams spanning multiple industries and geographies - all working together to help people make life’s most important decisions. Whether you’re looking for freedom to build new brands and businesses from the ground up, an opportunity to partner with brands who are already globally recognized, or a combination of both - this is a place where you can unlock substantial experience and even make entire career shifts, all within one organization.Learn More about Red Ventures