Careers / Positions Front End Engineer - The Points Guy
Our goal is to listen, engage, and activate voices across Red Ventures to ensure that all identity groups and perspectives are represented in our work. Our aspiration is to have diverse teams at every level of the company, and we seek candidates who bring unique personal experiences, curiosity and an eagerness to embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion.
At a Glance
The Points Guy is looking for a passionate, results-oriented Front End Developer with the skills and the drive to build and maintain first-class digital experiences. Our goal is to help the world return to travel safely and ambitiously, with all the tools they need to carry them through their travels. Each day, you'll create, code and optimize websites and user experiences in a workplace where you can see the impact of your ideas. You’ll architect, write, test and maintain code for mission critical applications in an environment where celebrating wins is part of our culture. We’re all about learning and personal development -- you’ll have space to be curious and will be encouraged to push the boundaries and think outside the box before settling on a solution. You’ll work closely across the disciplines -- with Product, QA, DevOps, Data Engineering, Backend Engineering -- to pinpoint areas of opportunity and optimization and lean in to help achieve the results. We offer exciting projects, plenty of space for career growth, and also, a pretty great bunch of peers who believe in having fun and working hard in equal measure.
What you’ll do
- Design, implement, modify and test engaging, consumer-facing web experiences.
- Collaborate closely with business and design teams to scope and deliver valuable projects on time.
- Teach and learn new skills with your fellow developers, producing quality code with consistent standards.
- Continually look for opportunities to build value in the codebase: set standards, build tools, and automate jobs to make yourself and your team better and faster.
- Demonstrate a sharp eye for detail. Debug issues and execute so everything “just works.”
What we’re looking for
- 3-5+ years experience in front end web development
- Strong HTML, CSS, and Vanilla JS.
- Experience building websites or APIs with PHP7 and Wordpress.
- Experience with page speed optimization. Working knowledge of web image formats, font loading techniques, and strategies for optimizing Core Web Vitals.
- Experience developing your own wordpress themes or plugins.
- Experience with Test-Driven Development (TDD) and Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery CI/CD environments.
- Experience with Monitoring and Metrics tools such as New Relic, DataDog, ELK stack etc.
- Eager to take ownership of work, including collaboration with stakeholders and developers through the product development lifecycle
- Ability to architect and develop your own API’s
- Experience integrating SaaS products into websites, especially digital marketing products (like Segment, Mailchimp, Iterable, or Optimizely) and adtech products like Google Ad Manager (DFP).
- Experience implementing Web Accessibility Standards. (compliance with WCAG 2.0 Level AA preferred)
- You’ve built a side-project that shows off more advanced skills
- You contribute to an open source project
- You volunteer or mentor fellow developers
Who We Are
Founded in 2000, Red Ventures is a portfolio of growing digital businesses that bring consumers and brands together through integrated e-commerce, strategic partnerships and many proprietary brands including Bankrate, AllConnect.com and Reviews.com. Headquartered south of Charlotte, NC, Red Ventures has over 3000 employees in offices across the US, as well as London and Sao Paulo. For more information, visit www.redventures.com.
We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits program for full-time employees, including medical, dental and vision coverage, paid time off, life insurance, disability coverage, employee assistance program, 401(k) plan and a paid parental leave program.
Red Ventures is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or any other basis protected by law. Employment at Red Ventures is based solely on a person's merit and qualifications.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with disabilities. This includes providing reasonable accommodation where appropriate. Should you require a reasonable accommodation to apply or participate in the job application or interview process, please contact email@example.com.
Red Ventures is a portfolio of influential brands, digital platforms, and strategic partnerships. We’re made up of dozens of teams spanning multiple industries and geographies - all working together to help people make life’s most important decisions. Whether you’re looking for freedom to build new brands and businesses from the ground up, an opportunity to partner with brands who are already globally recognized, or a combination of both - this is a place where you can unlock substantial experience and even make entire career shifts, all within one organization.Learn More about Red Ventures