Careers / Positions Principal Product Designer, Metacritic
Our goal is to listen, engage, and activate voices across Red Ventures to ensure that all identity groups and perspectives are represented in our work. Our aspiration is to have diverse teams at every level of the company, and we seek candidates who bring unique personal experiences, curiosity and an eagerness to embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion.
At a Glance
As the definitive source for the best in entertainment, Metacritic connects you to entertainment you’ll love.
We’re looking for a Principal Product Designer with a passion for both elegant design and the entertainment world (TV, movies, gaming, and music). This leadership role will drive reinvention of the Metacritic experience – building on an iconic brand relied upon by tens of millions of avid entertainment and gaming fans. The role calls for a highly organized and collaborative individual, who can leap from design systems, to visual designs, to interactive designs, on multiple platforms & brands, while maintaining elegance and consistency throughout. The role will include senior design thought leadership, design execution, and team management.
What You’ll Do
- Reinvent the brand, web, and native app experience
- Craft beautiful, simple, engaging visual designs helping entertainment lovers decide how to spend their time and money
- Prototype delightful and clear interactive designs
- Create and maintain system-level design components and static mocks across the product portfolio
- Partner closely with the product team on product requirements corresponding to designs
- Collaborate with engineering both during design (to ensure feasibility) and after (to ensure adherence to mocks and/or make design changes as needed)
- Present your work to various stakeholders, explaining your creative process and how your final design aligns with both business / customer goals
What We’re Looking For
- 6+ years of visual design and UX experience, ideally on consumer-facing native app and responsive web experiences (candidates with less may be considered at the Senior level)
- Fluency in industry standard tools such as Figma and Zeplin, for engineering handoff
- Familiarity with prototyping tools such as Principle
- Comprehensive portfolio of previous design work, demonstrating empathy for users
- Strong opinions, loosely held; you can effectively defend your design decisions but are always looking to see how additional context / perspective may change your proposals
- Eye for detail & consistency, from typography, colors, and margins to layouts and interactions
- Above all: A passion for entertainment.
Who We Are
Over the last twenty years, Red Ventures has built a portfolio of influential brands, digital platforms, and strategic partnerships that work together to connect millions of people with expert advice. Through premium content and personalized digital experiences, Red Ventures builds online journeys that make it easier for people to make important decisions about their homes, health, travel, finances, education and entertainment. Founded in 2000, Red Ventures has 3,000 employees in 10 cities across the US, as well as in the UK and Brazil. Red Ventures owns and operates several large digital brands including Healthline, The Points Guy, Bankrate, MYMOVE, and Allconnect.com.
For more information, visit https://redventures.com and follow @RedVentures on social platforms.We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits program for full-time employees, including medical, dental and vision coverage, paid time off, life insurance, disability coverage, employee assistance program, 401(k) plan and a paid parental leave program.
Red Ventures is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or any other basis protected by law. Employment at Red Ventures is based solely on a person's merit and qualifications.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with disabilities. This includes providing reasonable accommodation where appropriate. Should you require a reasonable accommodation to apply or participate in the job application or interview process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Join an iconic portfolio of world-class brands that reach close to 100 million unique visitors monthly, advising passionate consumers about everything they love. Properties under the CNET umbrella include GameSpot, ZDNet, Metacritic, TechRepublic, and more. We’re looking for top-tier journalists and other top talent to join our mission of helping people make life’s most important decisions.Learn More about CNET