Careers / Positions Senior Accountant
Our goal is to listen, engage, and activate voices across Red Ventures to ensure that all identity groups and perspectives are represented in our work. Our aspiration is to have diverse teams at every level of the company, and we seek candidates who bring unique personal experiences, curiosity and an eagerness to embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion.
At a Glance
Red Ventures is a portfolio of brands and digital platforms that improves every aspect of the consumer journey, helping people make better decisions while unleashing transformative growth for our businesses and partners. There are two sides of our business, both aimed at improving every step of the consumer journey - from first discovery of information, throughout the decision-making process, and through transactions. Our teams of journalists and industry experts publish world-class content and build loyal audiences, where editorial integrity is key. Everything we do is powered by our world-class platform of technology, data and deep digital expertise.
The role of Red Ventures Interactive Senior Accountant will include preparing financial reports, performing account reconciliations, maintaining the general ledger, preparing tax returns, leading annuals audit, and performing other accounting duties as assigned. The Senior Accountant will assist the Director of Accounting in managing the accounting teams’ wider responsibilities and deputise in their absence.
What you will do
- Monthly review of actuals; revenue and expense ahead of reporting financial results to Corporate Management
- Monthly review of payroll prior to commitment by Human Resources, followed by posting of payroll related amounts to correct general ledger departments
- Monthly reconciliation of payroll to general ledger within month end reporting timelines
- Monthly review of non-standard costs, followed by required postings
- Monthly reconciliation of various balance sheet accounts, mainly relating to payroll accounts
- Quarterly review and reporting of bad debt provision
- Work with the Assistant Accountant to produce a results focused reporting calendar
- Work with the Assistant Accountant in reviewing monthly prepaid and accruals
- Co-ordination of annual statutory audit CAS support
- Preparation of allocated statutory audit CAS support
- Preparation of the annual financial statements, Stat A/C’s
- Preparation of quarterly tax submissions
- Preparation of annual tax submissions
- Preparation of payroll submission ie PSA (Payment Settlement Agreements)
- Preparation of National Statistic reporting
- Management of approval matrix process
- Management of customer and vendor amendment process
- Management of process documentation
- Management of finance team reporting calendar
What we are looking for
- An experienced professionally qualified accountant together with 3-5 years in a commercial environment, technically strong in both management and statutory accounting with a good understanding of UK & US GAAP
- A strong team player with a keenness to share knowledge and develop other team members, while holding the ability to drive projects independently.
- A strong communicator with the ability to identify key internal business partners and work collaboratively on business goals and projects
- An individual with exceptional organisational skills, proven time management and a proactive approach to problem solving
- An individual with the ability to remain focused on key priorities, while evaluating system and process improvement
- An individual who can deliver on all the above with composure and good humour with the ability to adapt to change
Preferred but not paramount to have experience in Workday, Oracle, Salesforce, Excel (advanced)
Who We Are
- Founded in 2000, Red Ventures is a portfolio of growing digital businesses that bring consumers and brands together through integrated e-commerce, strategic partnerships and many proprietary brands including Bankrate, AllConnect.com and Reviews.com. Headquartered south of Charlotte, NC, Red Ventures has over 3000 employees in offices across the US, as well as London and Sao Paulo. For more information, visit redventures.com.
- We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits program for full-time employees, including medical, dental and vision coverage, paid time off, life insurance, disability coverage, employee assistance program, 401(k) plan and a paid parental leave program.
- Red Ventures is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or any other basis protected by law. Employment at Red Ventures is based solely on a person's merit and qualifications.
- We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with disabilities. This includes providing reasonable accommodation where appropriate. Should you require a reasonable accommodation to apply or participate in the job application or interview process, please contact email@example.com.
Join an iconic portfolio of world-class brands that reach close to 100 million unique visitors monthly, advising passionate consumers about everything they love. Properties under the CNET umbrella include GameSpot, ZDNet, Metacritic, TechRepublic, and more. We’re looking for top-tier journalists and other top talent to join our mission of helping people make life’s most important decisions.Learn More about CNET