Careers / Positions Account Executive- CNET
Our goal is to listen, engage, and activate voices across Red Ventures to ensure that all identity groups and perspectives are represented in our work. Our aspiration is to have diverse teams at every level of the company, and we seek candidates who bring unique personal experiences, curiosity and an eagerness to embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion.
At a Glance
To support our exciting business growth, we are actively recruiting an Account Executive to join the Media team at Red Ventures (RV), with an initial focus on the CNET family of brands (CNMG). RV acquired CNMG in Fall 2020, thus making it the largest digital holding company globally - and this is just the beginning.
What You'll Do
- Manage a territory and sales quota including multiple accounts in our East Coast territory with a few accounts in our top 25 accounts nationally
- Develop account and territory strategies for long-term development and revenue growth
- Generate new sales leads
- Act as a business specialist on behalf of your clients- strategically developing digital and mixed media solutions to suit their objective
- Establish and foster relationships with clients by conducting a high volume of face-to-face calls
- Prioritize and lead to ensure proper account management both internally and externally
- Establish oneself as a thought leader within the digital community and evangelize Red Venture’s unique positioning within the marketplace
- Ability to stay ahead of the curve on marketplace trends relating to their clients as well as the digital industry
Who You Are
- Sales professional with an entrepreneurial spirit who thrives in a team, goal oriented environment
- At least 5 years of proven advertising sales experience with at least 3 years in the interactive space
- Contacts and relationships in the East Coast tech and gaming market
- Have a strong desire to win and grow as digital ad sales professional
- Exceptional communication and organizational skills
- Well-developed presentation skills
- Ability to manage stress well, and juggle multiple account challenges at once
- BS/BA degree, or equivalent training and experience
- Must be extremely detail oriented
- Fluent in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
Must be willing to travel based on the locations of the key accounts located throughout the US.
A Red Ventures Brand
Over the last twenty years, Red Ventures has built a portfolio of influential brands, digital platforms, and strategic partnerships that work together to connect millions of people with expert advice. Through premium content and personalized digital experiences, Red Ventures builds online journeys that make it easier for people to make important decisions about their homes, health, travel, finances, education and entertainment. Founded in 2000, Red Ventures has 4,000 employees in 10 cities across the US, in addition to several international locations. Red Ventures owns and operates several large digital brands including CNET, ZDNet, GameSpot, Metacritic, Healthline, The Points Guy and Bankrate.
For more information, visit https://redventures.com and follow @RedVentures on social platforms.
We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits program for full-time employees, including medical, dental and vision coverage, paid time off, life insurance, disability coverage, employee assistance program, 401(k) plan and a paid parental leave program.
Red Ventures is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or any other basis protected by law. Employment at Red Ventures is based solely on a person's merit and qualifications.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with disabilities. This includes providing reasonable accommodation where appropriate. Should you require a reasonable accommodation to apply or participate in the job application or interview process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Join an iconic portfolio of world-class brands that reach close to 100 million unique visitors monthly, advising passionate consumers about everything they love. Properties under the CNET umbrella include GameSpot, ZDNet, Metacritic, TechRepublic, and more. We’re looking for top-tier journalists and other top talent to join our mission of helping people make life’s most important decisions.Learn More about CNET