Careers / Positions Editor, Product
Our goal is to listen, engage, and activate voices across Red Ventures to ensure that all identity groups and perspectives are represented in our work. Our aspiration is to have diverse teams at every level of the company, and we seek candidates who bring unique personal experiences, curiosity and an eagerness to embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion.
At a Glance
Red Ventures is looking for an Editor who will be responsible for contributing to and executing on strategy for credit cards content on CreditCards.com (CCDC) and Bankrate Credit Cards (BRCC). This editor will be responsible for assigning breaking news, instant reactions and discover product-specific content, updating legacy stories, editing pieces from both internal and freelance writers, and collaborating with the editorial team on other content creation.
Content ranges in coverage from credit card usage, issuers, rewards, points and miles, and credit scores to advice, news, and more. The right candidate is able to identify topics and develop quality, engaging content with a quick turnaround, as well as work closely with SEO.
What You'll Do
- Identify, pitch, assign, and edit credit card-related breaking news and discover stories
- Monitor news throughout the day, assigning out stories and deciding which breaking news events to cover.
- Coordinate discover product content coverage plans
- Produce high-quality, well-researched content at a fast pace
- Stay up to date on industry news and trends to detect discover content opportunities
- Be engaged in social media, staying current with trends.
- Use content schedule and topical foci to identify highest-potential content opportunities
- Edit internally and externally produced content in line with AP style and brand voice and tone
- Check story drafts for fact-checking, errors, typos, and linking opportunities
- Prepare, upload, and maintain stories on content management system (WordPress)
- Manage workload of 2 internal writers and occasional freelance contributors, communicating opportunities to boost content quality
- Work closely with SEO and marketing analysts to develop strategy
- Work closely with content promotion teams (social media, outreach, syndication) to collaborate on content ideas to increase brand awareness.
What We're Looking For:
- 3+ years editing experience
- Excellent project management and communication skills
- Ability to adapt quickly to shifting priorities while keeping up with fast-paced content production processes
- Ability to consistently identify, assign, edit and publish breaking news on a quick turnaround
- Experience meeting tight deadlines while working independently to manage multiple publishing projects
- Ability to collaborate with editors, designers, engineers, project managers, and web development teams
- Passionate about content creation and have a track record of coming up with innovative approaches to complicated topics
- Personal finance experience or knowledge of credit cards, credit scores and reports, rewards programs and consumer law preferred, if not a history of learning about difficult topics
- Familiarity with AP style and using content style guides
- Familiarity with HTML and SEO best practices a plus
Who We Are
Founded in 2000, Red Ventures is a portfolio of growing digital businesses that bring consumers and brands together through integrated e-commerce, strategic partnerships and many proprietary brands including Bankrate, AllConnect.com and Reviews.com. Headquartered south of Charlotte, NC, Red Ventures has over 3000 employees in offices across the US, as well as London and Sao Paulo. For more information, visit www.redventures.com.
We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits program for full-time employees, including medical, dental and vision coverage, paid time off, life insurance, disability coverage, employee assistance program, 401(k) plan and a paid parental leave program.
Red Ventures is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or any other basis protected by law. Employment at Red Ventures is based solely on a person's merit and qualifications.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with disabilities. This includes providing reasonable accommodation where appropriate. Should you require a reasonable accommodation to apply or participate in the job application or interview process, please contact email@example.com.
Join one of the most prestigious brands in the world, and do meaningful work that helps millions of people make better financial decisions for their families and their futures. Our Bankrate team spans offices all over the country, and we’re looking for a wide range of talent to help us grow – from technology experts, to journalists, to business leaders, and more.Learn More about Bankrate