Careers / Positions Senior Data Engineer, Red Digital (Remote Permanent, Sponsoring Candidates!)
Our goal is to listen, engage, and activate voices across Red Ventures to ensure that all identity groups and perspectives are represented in our work. Our aspiration is to have diverse teams at every level of the company, and we seek candidates who bring unique personal experiences, curiosity and an eagerness to embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion.
At a Glance
We are looking to hire a Senior Data Engineer to join our Data team.
On the Red Digital Vertical, we’re working to build a best-in-class suite of tools for our clients to understand and optimize their marketing funnel from end to end. As a member of the Data Engineering team, you’ll work to scale data pipelines across many sources of data to eliminate manual workflows.
You will be part of the team that is responsible for building Homogenized Multi-Tenant Data Warehouse. You will take responsibility for performing hands-on work required to convert existing data across various enterprise systems into a single data platform that is a collection of robust, analytics and reporting ready datasets
The role will work in conjunction with analytics teammates to lay the data-foundations to understand the business context of data assets, and actively maintain and improve the team's portfolio of value-add logic/code and data processes. Additionally, the role will work with various functional units to ensure solutions are successfully deployed, operationalized, and maintained.
If you do not meet all the requirements but feel you would be a great fit, we encourage you to please apply and outline how your experience fits!
What You'll Do
- Working with a cross functional team of architects, engineers, analysts and scientists to understand business requirements
- Design and build data pipelines from dozens of sources to data warehouse using batch or incremental loading strategies utilizing cutting edge cloud technologies
- Conceptualizing and generating infrastructure that allows data to be accessed and analyzed effectively
- Documenting database design including data modeling, metadata and process flow for business integrations.
- Documenting technical ETL specifications for a data warehouse.
- Perform periodic code reviews and test plans to ensure data quality and integrity
What We Are Looking For
- 3+ years of engineering experience in production environments in a language such as Python, Scala, Kotlin, or Go
- 3+ years of SQL experience in any flavor (Postgres, SQLServer, RDS, etc.)
- Strong analytical and interpersonal skills
- Eagerness to learn in a dynamic environment
- Excellent understanding of development processes and agile methodologies
- Enthusiastic, highly motivated and ability to learn quickly
- Ability to manage multiple tasks at the same time with minimum supervision
What Will Make You Stand Out
- 2+ year of Spark or Hadoop Ecosystem Experience
- 2+ year of Data Warehouse Experience (Redshift, BigQuery, or Snowflake)
- 2+ year of Data Modeling Experience
- 2+ year of experience working on AWS or a similar Cloud Environment
- 2+ year of experience working with Airflow or a similar orchestration tool
- Experience with Git and CI/CD processes
Who We Are
Founded in 2000, Red Ventures is a portfolio of growing digital businesses that bring consumers and brands together through integrated e-commerce, strategic partnerships and many proprietary brands including Bankrate, AllConnect.com and Reviews.com. Headquartered south of Charlotte, NC, Red Ventures has over 3000 employees in offices across the US, as well as London and Sao Paulo. For more information, visit www.redventures.com.
We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits program for full-time employees, including medical, dental and vision coverage, paid time off, life insurance, disability coverage, employee assistance program, 401(k) plan and a paid parental leave program.
Red Ventures is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or any other basis protected by law. Employment at Red Ventures is based solely on a person's merit and qualifications.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with disabilities. This includes providing reasonable accommodation where appropriate. Should you require a reasonable accommodation to apply or participate in the job application or interview process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Red Ventures is a portfolio of influential brands, digital platforms, and strategic partnerships. We’re made up of dozens of teams spanning multiple industries and geographies - all working together to help people make life’s most important decisions. Whether you’re looking for freedom to build new brands and businesses from the ground up, an opportunity to partner with brands who are already globally recognized, or a combination of both - this is a place where you can unlock substantial experience and even make entire career shifts, all within one organization.Learn More about Red Ventures