Careers / Positions Senior Staff Accountant
Our goal is to listen, engage, and activate voices across Red Ventures to ensure that all identity groups and perspectives are represented in our work. Our aspiration is to have diverse teams at every level of the company, and we seek candidates who bring unique personal experiences, curiosity and an eagerness to embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion.
At a Glance
Based on our company growth and recent acquisitions we are currently seeking an experienced Senior Accountant to join our team. This person will be responsible for the financial accounting and analysis for multiple Red Ventures’ high growth business units. Ideal candidates will possess a fun, positive, energetic attitude and thrive in a fast-paced and dynamic work environment. This position will have an immediate impact on Red Ventures business units and daily exposure to our executive leadership team.
What You'll Do:
- Perform revenue close procedures on-time and in accordance with US GAAP, including revenue and deferred revenue journal entries, account reconciliations, and fluctuation analyses
- Prepare a wide variety of monthly balance sheet reconciliations
- Participation of recurring month-end close activities
- Supplier Invoice and requisitions reviews and approvals for business operations
- Monthly Capex/CIP reconciliations
- Annual audit support
- Assist with monthly reconciliation of AR subledgers to the General Ledger
- Assist with revenue process redesign and automation including implementation of key systems
- Preparing monthly financial statements
- Provide financial support to business leaders in monthly forecasting and annual operating plan
- Prepare ad hoc business case analysis, including financial models and analysis of business trends
- Reviewing and analyzing data from external sites
- Ensuring adequate financial and internal controls
- Preparing presentations for management reviews and quarterly board meetings
- Performing financial analyses and special projects as requested
- Providing financial data to shareholders as requested.
What We're Looking For
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting and/or Finance
- At least 5+ years of relevant experience and demonstrable success as indicated by progressively more responsible roles
- Proficiency utilizing financial systems and reporting packages
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products
- Experience with Workday, Oracle and MySQL, a plus
- Experience with mergers, acquisitions and divestitures, a plus
- Knowledge of public company accounting and reporting
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Strong attention to detail and problem solving abilities
- Good organizational skills and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Must be a team player
- Good sense of humor!
Who We Are
- Founded in 2000, Red Ventures is a portfolio of growing digital businesses that bring consumers and brands together through integrated e-commerce, strategic partnerships and many proprietary brands including Bankrate, AllConnect.com and Reviews.com. Headquartered south of Charlotte, NC, Red Ventures has over 3000 employees in offices across the US, as well as London and Sao Paulo. For more information, visit redventures.com.
- We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits program for full-time employees, including medical, dental and vision coverage, paid time off, life insurance, disability coverage, employee assistance program, 401(k) plan and a paid parental leave program.
- Red Ventures is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or any other basis protected by law. Employment at Red Ventures is based solely on a person's merit and qualifications.
- We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with disabilities. This includes providing reasonable accommodation where appropriate. Should you require a reasonable accommodation to apply or participate in the job application or interview process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Red Ventures is a portfolio of influential brands, digital platforms, and strategic partnerships. We’re made up of dozens of teams spanning multiple industries and geographies - all working together to help people make life’s most important decisions. Whether you’re looking for freedom to build new brands and businesses from the ground up, an opportunity to partner with brands who are already globally recognized, or a combination of both - this is a place where you can unlock substantial experience and even make entire career shifts, all within one organization.Learn More about Red Ventures