Careers / Positions Data Analytics Manager - Marketing Analytics (Remote Possible)
Our goal is to listen, engage, and activate voices across Red Ventures to ensure that all identity groups and perspectives are represented in our work. Our aspiration is to have diverse teams at every level of the company, and we seek candidates who bring unique personal experiences, curiosity and an eagerness to embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion.
At a Glance
Red Ventures Brand, is looking for a talented, results-oriented, and innovative Data Analytics Manager to join our team. In this role you will enable a group of data analysts to drive effective measurement, create capabilities to explore data in new ways, and consult on strategic data opportunities. You will also work closely with business partners and engineering teams to identify and prioritize analytics projects that drive business value. You'll need to possess the capability to help your individual team members develop professionally while simultaneously building a great culture with diversity, inclusion, bias to action, and openness as core values.
The data analytics team at Red Ventures are not only experts at querying, transforming and reporting data—they also tackle problems with autonomy. We proactively identify opportunities for applying business insights, advanced analytics, and data science techniques by becoming intimately familiar with both data and business goals. As a Data Analytics Manager, you will communicate, support, and strategize with business, tech, and data teams stakeholders. You will also act as a data initiative leader, providing guidance and feedback to team members, and push forward predictive analytics projects to help optimize our marketing campaigns and provide our users with the best site experience.
We believe that diverse, inclusive teams are better teams. Think of the bullets below as guidelines: if you only partially meet the qualifications on this posting, we encourage you to apply anyway!
What You'll Do
- Lead data analytics projects providing reporting, visualization, and advanced analytics solutions to business stakeholders – this includes business intelligence and reporting, ad hoc analysis and advanced analytics and modeling activities for digital initiatives.
- Work with business teams, data engineers and data architects to define and design data products that simplify how our stakeholders interact and action on our data
- Collaborate cross-functionally to ensure the team’s priorities align with business objectives
- Provide strategic insights derived from digital marketing, web event and sales data that drive marketing investment and customer experience
- Build relationships with business teams and data science teams to identify opportunities for deep analytics on customer behavior and site performance
- Become very familiar with our unique AdTech and MarTech stacks and the role of data with each of them
- Provide guidance to executives on data analytics capabilities and contribute input on new strategic initiatives to grow the business
- Work with Data Analytics Managers from other industry groups to develop broad analytics best practices
- Drive projects that develop models to improve customer retention, lifetime value, and overall profitability, and lead the development and enhancement of operational models.
- Aggregate and assess impact of team’s work, provide clear feedback, and staff projects based on skills, career goals, and business priority
What We're Looking For
- Minimum of 5+ years of experience in strategy consulting, data analytics, marketing analytics, BI, or related field
- Minimum 3+ years of experience building and leading teams of analysts
- Experience using web analytics insights and digital attribution models to provide measurable business impact
- Extensive statistical programming knowledge (e.g., R or Python)
- Expertise in the design, development, verification, and validation of predictive analytics.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, particularly when there is ambiguity involved
- Ability to autonomously identify opportunities for advanced analytics or data products without being directed
- Extensive experience in building SQL queries across complex relational database experience
- Experience translating between business KPI requirements and technical specs
- Familiarity with marketing, web, and advertising technologies like Google Analytics, Optimizely, Iterable, Google Ad Manager, Salesforce, etc.
- Advanced proficiency in visualization tools such as Tableau, Power BI, or Looker
- Demonstrated ability to synthesize data into actionable insights and communicate recommendations to leadership
- Strong interpersonal skills, with a track record of working well with business stakeholders
- Insatiable curiosity and tenacity to keep digging
Red Ventures is a portfolio of influential brands, digital platforms, and strategic partnerships. We’re made up of dozens of teams spanning multiple industries and geographies - all working together to help people make life’s most important decisions. Whether you’re looking for freedom to build new brands and businesses from the ground up, an opportunity to partner with brands who are already globally recognized, or a combination of both - this is a place where you can unlock substantial experience and even make entire career shifts, all within one organization.Learn More about Red Ventures