Careers / Positions Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion Editor
Our goal is to listen, engage, and activate voices across Red Ventures to ensure that all identity groups and perspectives are represented in our work. Our aspiration is to have diverse teams at every level of the company, and we seek candidates who bring unique personal experiences, curiosity and an eagerness to embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion.
At a Glance
At Red Ventures, we want to be the change we wish to see in the world. That requires a disciplined and relentless commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion (DE&I) at our company. As such, we are looking for a Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Editor who will be responsible for contributing to and executing financial services content on CreditCards.com and Bankrate.com. This editor will be primarily responsible for protecting and enhancing the Diversity, Equity and Inclusivity values that Red Ventures embodies.
The primary guiding principles for our DEI work are:
- Belonging drives engagement, well-being and productivity.
- Diverse teams make better decisions, and diversity at all levels of leadership drives inclusion and belonging.
- Creating equity for historically marginalized populations is critical to the success of our company and communities.
Our DEI Editor will work collaboratively to expand our content strategy to include the most impactful and accessible financial education content for our intended audiences, working closely with our non-profit partners to identify and refine topical focus.
The right candidate is passionate about inclusivity and financial literacy, is able to work in strong collaborative relationships and can manage multiple work streams simultaneously.
What You’ll Do
- Identify opportunities to create space for historically marginalized communities in the financial industry and amplify underrepresented voices
- Create and execute an editorial calendar
- Identify, pitch, assign, and edit financial services educational content
- Stay up to date on industry news and trends to detect content opportunities
- Work closely with internal and freelance content creators to keep content production in line with our editorial calendar
- Update existing content for timeliness and accuracy
- Mentor growing writers and editors and coach them on best practices
- Build and implement accountability processes to protect the inclusivity of our content, including regular updates to our brand style guides, use of Expert Review Board for inclusivity analyses, and other measures
- Collaborate with content designers to explore new content types and templates, as well as content promotion teams to ensure we’re meeting our audience where they most need financial education
- Partner with our internal DEI teams and our non-profit and community partners - relationship-building is key
What We’re Looking For
- 3+ years content creation experience
- Experience liaising with non-profit and community organizations for social justice initiatives
- Experience creating or managing content focused on empowering historically marginalized audiences
- Excellent project management and communication skills
- Ability to adapt quickly to shifting priorities while keeping up with fast-paced content production processes
- Experience meeting tight deadlines while working independently to manage multiple publishing projects
- Ability to collaborate with editors, designers, engineers, project managers, and web development teams
- Passionate about content creation and have a track record of coming up with innovative approaches to complicated topics
- Personal finance experience is preferred, but experience researching and interpreting complex topics is also highly valued.
- Familiarity with AP style and using content style guides
- Familiarity with HTML and SEO best practices is a plus
Who We Are
Over the last twenty years, Red Ventures has built a portfolio of influential brands, digital platforms, and strategic partnerships that work together to connect millions of people with expert advice. Through premium content and personalized digital experiences, Red Ventures builds online journeys that make it easier for people to make important decisions about their homes, health, travel, finances, education and entertainment. Founded in 2000, Red Ventures has 3,000 employees in 10 cities across the US, as well as in the UK and Brazil. Red Ventures owns and operates several large digital brands including Healthline, The Points Guy, Bankrate, MYMOVE, and Allconnect.com. For more information, visit https://redventures.com and follow @RedVentures on social platforms.
We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits program for full-time employees, including medical, dental and vision coverage, paid time off, life insurance, disability coverage, employee assistance program, 401(k) plan and a paid parental leave program.
Red Ventures is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or any other basis protected by law. Employment at Red Ventures is based solely on a person's merit and qualifications.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with disabilities. This includes providing reasonable accommodation where appropriate. Should you require a reasonable accommodation to apply or participate in the job application or interview process, please contact email@example.com.
Join one of the most prestigious brands in the world, and do meaningful work that helps millions of people make better financial decisions for their families and their futures. Our Bankrate team spans offices all over the country, and we’re looking for a wide range of talent to help us grow – from technology experts, to journalists, to business leaders, and more.Learn More about Bankrate