Careers / Positions WordPress Engineer - Healthline
Our goal is to listen, engage, and activate voices across Red Ventures to ensure that all identity groups and perspectives are represented in our work. Our aspiration is to have diverse teams at every level of the company, and we seek candidates who bring unique personal experiences, curiosity and an eagerness to embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion.
At a Glance
Healthline, a Red Ventures Brand, is looking for an experienced, motivated and resourceful engineer with strong PHP and WordPress skills to serve as a CMS developer on our Content Platform team. In this highly collaborative role, you will work with front and back end developers, designers, product managers, business analysts, and content creators to build efficient, innovative, and best-in-class content management experiences.
The Content Platform team at Healthline strives to be a fast-moving team that supports each other along the way, which requires each of us to be committed to the team and aligned with our goals/value. This is an opportunity to have significant impact into the technical direction of our content platform.
What You'll Do
- Customize WordPress via off the shelf and bespoke plugins
- Collaborate with the frontend and data teams to ensure that metadata is being passed in both directions out of the CMS
- Support the building of new features by creating responsive, highly performant Wordpress API endpoints
- Implement new instances of a multisite environment to support a growing infrastructure
- Research and recommend new technologies and tools for effective integration across various systems
What We're Looking For
- Intimate understanding of Object Oriented PHP and relational database structures
- Experience with WordPress core, loops, filters, API, caching mechanism and various internal functions
- Strong in PHP frameworks like Wordpress, Drupal, Symfony, etc.
- Familiarity with Git, Webpack/NodeJS/NPM, Vagrant, ReactJS
- Experience building JSON REST APIs, preferably using WP-JSON
- Self-motivated and creative problem-solvers who love to challenge themselves
- Ideal team players: hungry, humble, and smart! We value those who are curious and strive to be great people to work with
A Red Ventures Brand
Over the last twenty years, Red Ventures has built a portfolio of influential brands, digital platforms, and strategic partnerships that work together to connect millions of people with expert advice. Through premium content and personalized digital experiences, Red Ventures builds online journeys that make it easier for people to make important decisions about their homes, health, travel, finances, education and entertainment. Founded in 2000, Red Ventures has 3,000 employees in 10 cities across the US, as well as in the UK and Brazil. Red Ventures owns and operates several large digital brands including Healthline, The Points Guy, Bankrate, MYMOVE, and Allconnect.com.
For more information, visit https://redventures.com and follow @RedVentures on social platforms.
We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits program for full-time employees, including medical, dental and vision coverage, paid time off, life insurance, disability coverage, employee assistance program, 401(k) plan and a paid parental leave program.
Red Ventures is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or any other basis protected by law. Employment at Red Ventures is based solely on a person's merit and qualifications.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with disabilities. This includes providing reasonable accommodation where appropriate. Should you require a reasonable accommodation to apply or participate in the job application or interview process, please contact email@example.com.
Join the world’s fastest-growing digital health platform, with a global audience of hundreds of millions of monthly readers. Healthline is one of the largest brands within the Red Ventures portfolio and includes prestigious digital properties such as Healthline.com, Medical News Today, PsychCentral, and Greatist. We’re looking for a wide range of talent to help us continue to build a stronger, healthier world.Learn More about Healthline