Careers / Positions Associate Video Producer - CNET
Our goal is to listen, engage, and activate voices across Red Ventures to ensure that all identity groups and perspectives are represented in our work. Our aspiration is to have diverse teams at every level of the company, and we seek candidates who bring unique personal experiences, curiosity and an eagerness to embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion.
At a Glance
We’re seeking a talented Associate Video Producer with an interest in being a shooter/editor and creative storyteller to produce premium video for CNET’s distribution channels. This person needs to be passionate about technology and the future of our world, and comfortable working solo and in close collaboration with CNET editors on short and long form videos. Position will require someone with a great creative drive who’s comfortable exploring new ideas and pushing the envelope visually.
What You’ll Do
- Participate in regular brainstorms with the wider CNET team to come up with new ideas and ensure we are always producing the most innovative features.
- Video production - pitch story ideas, write scripts, shoot, edit, and publish videos to meet same-day deadlines (and possibly even present in front of camera).
- Work alongside and collaborate with our talented reviews editors and reporters inside and outside our studios to create entertaining and informative videos.
- Produce high quality, thoughtful, and entertaining video for CNET’s platforms and its partners about consumer tech, cool science and fun stuff.
- Support the development and production of new programming, and support special shows and projects as needed.
- Edit video under tight deadlines, and from remote locations on laptops when needed.
What We’re Looking For
- 1+ years of professional video production and editing experience
- Adobe Premiere, After Effects, Photoshop expertise
- Knowledge of current internet publishing trends, social media video trends, and SEO principles
- Demo reel or portfolio of work
- BA/BS or equivalent combination of education and experience - broadcast journalism or related field preferred
Who We Are
CNET Media Group is a pioneer in digital media. CNET, a leading global technology news brand, has grown over 25 years to cover all aspects of technology in our lives, including automotive coverage at Roadshow and Spanish-language technology coverage at CNET en Español. CNET paved the way for CNET Media Group, an expansive portfolio of digital media brands that advise consumers across leading consumer tech, business tech, gaming, and entertainment media brands including ZDNet, a leader in B2B focused content and Gamespot, a renowned games information brand in the US, according to ComScore. The portfolio also includes revered entertainment and lifestyle brands like TVGuide, Metacritic, and Chowhound.
Over the last twenty years, Red Ventures has built a portfolio of influential brands, digital platforms, and strategic partnerships that work together to connect millions of people with expert advice. Through premium content and personalized digital experiences, Red Ventures builds online journeys that make it easier for people to make important decisions about their homes, health, travel, finances, education and entertainment. Founded in 2000, Red Ventures has 3,000 employees in 10 cities across the US, as well as in the UK and Brazil. Red Ventures owns and operates several large digital brands including Healthline, The Points Guy, Bankrate, MYMOVE, and Allconnect.com.For more information, visit https://redventures.com and follow @RedVentures on social platforms.
We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits program for full-time employees, including medical, dental and vision coverage, paid time off, life insurance, disability coverage, employee assistance program, 401(k) plan and a paid parental leave program.
Red Ventures is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or any other basis protected by law. Employment at Red Ventures is based solely on a person's merit and qualifications.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with disabilities. This includes providing reasonable accommodation where appropriate. Should you require a reasonable accommodation to apply or participate in the job application or interview process, please contact email@example.com.
Join an iconic portfolio of world-class brands that reach close to 100 million unique visitors monthly, advising passionate consumers about everything they love. Properties under the CNET umbrella include GameSpot, ZDNet, Metacritic, TechRepublic, and more. We’re looking for top-tier journalists and other top talent to join our mission of helping people make life’s most important decisions.Learn More about CNET