Careers / Positions Video Producer - CNET
Our goal is to listen, engage, and activate voices across Red Ventures to ensure that all identity groups and perspectives are represented in our work. Our aspiration is to have diverse teams at every level of the company, and we seek candidates who bring unique personal experiences, curiosity and an eagerness to embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion.
At a Glance
We’re seeking a talented reporter and experienced on-camera video producer with a passion for and deep knowledge of consumer electronics and technology news. You are at ease explaining the most complicated technology to anyone from geeks to the late adopters. In this role, you'll be covering breaking news and enterprising original content for CNET.com, our partner sites, and our social channels.
What You’ll Do
- Perform live “on-air” hosting and reporting duties for CNET in-studio, in the field, and during special events coverage.
- You will write and host daily, and weekly, shows and videos on topics that include, but are not limited to, technology news, product reviews, how-to’s, and culture.
- Chip in on fast-breaking news about all the companies, products, and topics that CNET covers.
- Pitch, develop, and write original short and long-form video content for the main CNET site and YouTube.
- Brainstorm with the wider CNET teams to conceptualize editorial story ideas for daily programming.
- Write and host both new and existing CNET shows and features, such as “Tech Today” and “Tech Minute”.
What We’re Looking For
- BA/BS or equivalent combination of education and experience - broadcast journalism or related field preferred.
- 3+ years of experience as an on-air host/reporter/personality, ideally in consumer electronics and technology news.
- A strong grasp of the biggest companies, products, and trends in the tech industry.
- The ability to write and produce technology related news, reviews and how-to videos under tight daily deadlines.
- A link to your Demo reel or portfolio of work to share with your application.
- Willingness to travel to key events as needed.
Who We Are
CNET Media Group is a pioneer in digital media. CNET, a leading global technology news brand, has grown over 25 years to cover all aspects of technology in our lives, including automotive coverage at Roadshow and Spanish-language technology coverage at CNET en Español. CNET paved the way for CNET Media Group, an expansive portfolio of digital media brands that advise consumers across leading consumer tech, business tech, gaming, and entertainment media brands including ZDNet, a leader in B2B focused content and Gamespot, a renowned games information brand in the US, according to ComScore. The portfolio also includes revered entertainment and lifestyle brands like TVGuide, Metacritic, and Chowhound.
Over the last twenty years, Red Ventures has built a portfolio of influential brands, digital platforms, and strategic partnerships that work together to connect millions of people with expert advice. Through premium content and personalized digital experiences, Red Ventures builds online journeys that make it easier for people to make important decisions about their homes, health, travel, finances, education and entertainment. Founded in 2000, Red Ventures has 3,000 employees in 10 cities across the US, as well as in the UK and Brazil. Red Ventures owns and operates several large digital brands including Healthline, The Points Guy, Bankrate, MYMOVE, and Allconnect.com.For more information, visit https://redventures.com and follow @RedVentures on social platforms.
We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits program for full-time employees, including medical, dental and vision coverage, paid time off, life insurance, disability coverage, employee assistance program, 401(k) plan and a paid parental leave program.
Red Ventures is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or any other basis protected by law. Employment at Red Ventures is based solely on a person's merit and qualifications.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with disabilities. This includes providing reasonable accommodation where appropriate. Should you require a reasonable accommodation to apply or participate in the job application or interview process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Join an iconic portfolio of world-class brands that reach close to 100 million unique visitors monthly, advising passionate consumers about everything they love. Properties under the CNET umbrella include GameSpot, ZDNet, Metacritic, TechRepublic, and more. We’re looking for top-tier journalists and other top talent to join our mission of helping people make life’s most important decisions.Learn More about CNET