Careers / Positions Editor - CNET
Our goal is to listen, engage, and activate voices across Red Ventures to ensure that all identity groups and perspectives are represented in our work. Our aspiration is to have diverse teams at every level of the company, and we seek candidates who bring unique personal experiences, curiosity and an eagerness to embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion.
At a Glance
CNET is looking for editors who will play a pivotal role in CNET's ongoing mission to be the best destination for news, commentary, and advice.
Versatility is key as editors will shepherd a wide variety of content -- from hard news and longer-form features to best lists and buying advice -- through the editorial process from ideation to publication.
In addition, editors are responsible for keeping CNET's growing collection of content up-to-date, accurate and highly visible. This will mean orchestrating a highly collaborative process involving writers, SEO analysts and product teams. A significant part of this role will include coordinating and editing the work of a growing team of staff and freelance writers.
The ideal candidate has solid editing skills, as well as strong project management, communication, and collaboration skills. In this role, you will work closely with the SEO analysts, freelance writers, designers, and copy editors to edit and move content through the editorial process.
CNET is among the most highly-trafficked and trusted names online -- and the team’s mission is to give readers honest, independent and trustworthy advice on a range of topics within a category, like Personal Finance, Technology, Home, and Health & Wellness.
What You'll Do
- Assign, edit, and publish new and updated content according to the specific editorial standards of our brands
- Coordinate and manage all assets for new and updated content, including photos, videos, and social media embeds
- Collaborate with SEO analysts, freelance writers, medical reviewers, designers, and copy editors to shepherd each piece through the editorial workflow
- Work cross-functionally to update and improve existing content
- Build and develop a pool of expert writers
- Partner with marketing, social, and other business units to promote and optimize content
- Manage publication timelines and adjust priorities as needed based on stakeholder needs
- Be responsible for hitting monthly publication and traffic goals
What We're Looking For
- 2+ years of editing experience
- Superb research, writing, and editing skills with a firm understanding of AP style
- Experience creating or editing content based on SEO concepts and best practices
- Excellent communication skills and project management skills
- Excellent skills in meeting deadlines, managing multiple projects, and prioritizing workload
- Experience working with a house style guide & content management systems
- Ability to grasp the voice, style, and tone of different brands, and to edit according to their unique standards
- Demonstrated ability to work closely with a team
- Experience working in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Confidence making content decisions
Who We Are
CNET Media Group is a pioneer in digital media. CNET, a leading global technology news brand, has grown over 25 years to cover all aspects of technology in our lives, including automotive coverage at Roadshow and Spanish-language technology coverage at CNET en Español. CNET paved the way for CNET Media Group, an expansive portfolio of digital media brands that advise consumers across leading consumer tech, business tech, gaming, and entertainment media brands including ZDNet, a leader in B2B focused content and Gamespot, a renowned games information brand in the US, according to ComScore. The portfolio also includes revered entertainment and lifestyle brands like TVGuide, Metacritic, and Chowhound.
Over the last twenty years, Red Ventures has built a portfolio of influential brands, digital platforms, and strategic partnerships that work together to connect millions of people with expert advice. Through premium content and personalized digital experiences, Red Ventures builds online journeys that make it easier for people to make important decisions about their homes, health, travel, finances, education and entertainment. Founded in 2000, Red Ventures has 3,000 employees in 10 cities across the US, as well as in the UK and Brazil. Red Ventures owns and operates several large digital brands including Healthline, The Points Guy, Bankrate, MYMOVE, and Allconnect.com. For more information, visit https://redventures.com and follow @RedVentures on social platforms.
We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits program for full-time employees, including medical, dental and vision coverage, paid time off, life insurance, disability coverage, employee assistance program, 401(k) plan and a paid parental leave program.
Red Ventures is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or any other basis protected by law. Employment at Red Ventures is based solely on a person's merit and qualifications.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with disabilities. This includes providing reasonable accommodation where appropriate. Should you require a reasonable accommodation to apply or participate in the job application or interview process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Join an iconic portfolio of world-class brands that reach close to 100 million unique visitors monthly, advising passionate consumers about everything they love. Properties under the CNET umbrella include GameSpot, ZDNet, Metacritic, TechRepublic, and more. We’re looking for top-tier journalists and other top talent to join our mission of helping people make life’s most important decisions.Learn More about CNET
Covid 19 Vaccine Requirement: Unless otherwise prohibited by law, if a candidate is successful and a conditional job offer is made, the candidate then will be required to submit proof of a full vaccination series against COVID-19. Requests for reasonable accommodations on the basis of disability, pregnancy status, or religious belief will be considered on an individualized basis.