Careers / Positions Payroll Manager
Our goal is to listen, engage, and activate voices across Red Ventures to ensure that all identity groups and perspectives are represented in our work. Our aspiration is to have diverse teams at every level of the company, and we seek candidates who bring unique personal experiences, curiosity and an eagerness to embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion.
At a Glance
This position will effectively manage US payroll operations, as well as optimizing processes, compliance, effectiveness, and cost of payroll operations in fast pace and rapidly growing environment. This role provides excellent customer service to stakeholders, strong oversight of vendors, and quality development and coaching to build a highly effective and engaged team.
What Will You Do?
- Manage US payroll processing including earnings, taxes, benefit deductions and garnishments along with a team of 4 Payroll Specialist
- Mange US and Global Payroll processing team
- Manage US payroll statutory compliance, including registering with state and local agencies
- Drive continuous improvements to processes, service delivery and technology
- Partner effectively with HR, IT, Finance, and other functions to ensure appropriate flow of data and reporting
- Lead various project initiatives from planning through execution
- Partner with internal and external auditors to ensure satisfaction of requirements
- Maintain payroll guidelines by ensuring policies and procedures are documented in a timely basis
- Manage the process to review, update, and create employee communications with respect to Payroll and Time & Attendance topics
- Manage outsourced vendors to ensure compliance with processes, requirements and laws and service expectations
- Reside as the Subject Matter Expert for existing and new legislation governing payroll requirements
What Do You Need to Have?
- Workday Payroll experience required
- Experienced payroll professional with 8+ years of payroll experience, which includes experience working in a regional/global environment
- BS/BA in human resources, finance, or business preferred
- Certified Payroll Professional designation preferred
- Ability and comfort of working in a fast pace and rapidly growing environment
- Proven success in leading projects
- Knowledge of accounting principles and practices
- Strong analytical and problem resolution skills
- Demonstrated ability to coach and develop others
- Ability to collaborate, consult and partner with all levels and work well in a team environment
- Excellent interpersonal communications (verbal and written)
- Strong working knowledge of applicable US federal, state, and local rules and laws and broad knowledge of global compliance needs
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality, strong knowledge of data privacy and cyber security
Who We Are
Founded in 2000, Red Ventures is a portfolio of growing digital businesses that bring consumers and brands together through integrated e-commerce, strategic partnerships and many proprietary brands including Bankrate, AllConnect.com and Reviews.com. Headquartered south of Charlotte, NC, Red Ventures has over 3000 employees in offices across the US, as well as London and Sao Paulo. For more information, visit www.redventures.com.
We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits program for full-time employees, including medical, dental and vision coverage, paid time off, life insurance, disability coverage, employee assistance program, 401(k) plan and a paid parental leave program.
Red Ventures is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or any other basis protected by law. Employment at Red Ventures is based solely on a person's merit and qualifications.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with disabilities. This includes providing reasonable accommodation where appropriate. Should you require a reasonable accommodation to apply or participate in the job application or interview process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Red Ventures is a portfolio of influential brands, digital platforms, and strategic partnerships. We’re made up of dozens of teams spanning multiple industries and geographies - all working together to help people make life’s most important decisions. Whether you’re looking for freedom to build new brands and businesses from the ground up, an opportunity to partner with brands who are already globally recognized, or a combination of both - this is a place where you can unlock substantial experience and even make entire career shifts, all within one organization.Learn More about Red Ventures