Careers / Positions Software Engineering Manager, Financial Services
Our goal is to listen, engage, and activate voices across Red Ventures to ensure that all identity groups and perspectives are represented in our work. Our aspiration is to have diverse teams at every level of the company, and we seek candidates who bring unique personal experiences, curiosity and an eagerness to embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion.
Software Engineering Manager
What You’ll Do
- Drive the improvement of our broad portfolio of websites, services, and platform capabilities across technology teams while working in tandem with other business and functional leaders. We maintain a tight loop between development, deployment, and feedback, which allows us to build world-class solutions for the business, marketing and data challenges of our partners.
- Serve as a player and a coach to a number of engineers as direct reports. You possess the capability to push your team’s abilities in growing them individually and as a unit, while also remaining hands on yourself in determining the architecture and tools to be used in development.
- You can make both technical and non-technical decisions and ensure that organizational security policies and procedures are implemented and enforced.
- You will play a key role in developing the strategy and culture of our 30+ team member business organization.
- Autonomy – Aspiring entrepreneurs succeed here because you will have full-ownership over your work from beginning to end.
- Collaborate – Better than making the dream work, teamwork makes the code work. Through open work-space, Slack and peer reviews, our teams work together to build amazing solutions.
- Innovate – With the belief that “Everything is Written in Pencil”, we encourage our teams to test new frameworks, learn new languages and challenge the “status quo” to make us better.
What We’re Looking For
- Experience working in agile environments with cross-functional delivery teams.
- Experience in DevOps culture, including familiarity with automated testing, continuous delivery, and infrastructure as code.
- Familiarity with public cloud offerings such as AWS, GCP, and Azure.
- Experience with general software design and architecture so that you can guide teams to the right solutions, while avoiding common pitfalls.
- Experience leading software engineering teams or serving as a technical lead within an organization; experience managing remote teams is a plus.
- A leader with the ability to cultivate technical talent, and encourage the creation of reusable, scalable code.
- Self-motivated and creative problem-solvers who love to challenge themselves.
- Personal commitment to being great people to work with and for every day.
Who We Are
Over the last twenty years, Red Ventures has built a portfolio of influential brands, digital platforms, and strategic partnerships that work together to connect millions of people with expert advice. Through premium content and personalized digital experiences, Red Ventures builds online journeys that make it easier for people to make important decisions about their homes, health, travel, finances, education and entertainment. Founded in 2000, Red Ventures has 3,000 employees in 10 cities across the US, as well as in the UK and Brazil. Red Ventures owns and operates several large digital brands including Healthline, The Points Guy, Bankrate, MYMOVE, and Allconnect.com. For more information, visit https://redventures.com and follow @RedVentures on social platforms.
We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits program for full-time employees, including medical, dental and vision coverage, paid time off, life insurance, disability coverage, employee assistance program, 401(k) plan and a paid parental leave program.
Red Ventures is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or any other basis protected by law. Employment at Red Ventures is based solely on a person's merit and qualifications.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with disabilities. This includes providing reasonable accommodation where appropriate. Should you require a reasonable accommodation to apply or participate in the job application or interview process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Join one of the most prestigious brands in the world, and do meaningful work that helps millions of people make better financial decisions for their families and their futures. Our Bankrate team spans offices all over the country, and we’re looking for a wide range of talent to help us grow – from technology experts, to journalists, to business leaders, and more.Learn More about Bankrate
Covid 19 Vaccine Requirement: Unless otherwise prohibited by law, if a candidate is successful and a conditional job offer is made, the candidate then will be required to submit proof of a full vaccination series against COVID-19. Requests for reasonable accommodations on the basis of disability, pregnancy status, or religious belief will be considered on an individualized basis.