Careers / Positions Newsletter Editor - Medical News Today - Healthline
Our goal is to listen, engage, and activate voices across Red Ventures to ensure that all identity groups and perspectives are represented in our work. Our aspiration is to have diverse teams at every level of the company, and we seek candidates who bring unique personal experiences, curiosity and an eagerness to embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion.
At a Glance
Medical News Today is looking for a detail-oriented newsletter editor to produce regular email campaigns for a variety of audiences and brands.
The ideal candidate is creative and collaborative, with solid copywriting skills. In this role, you’ll create campaigns that deliver users information that resonates, selected from our wealth of content, on a weekly or daily basis. Time management skills are key.
What You'll Do
- Maintain the article queue that fuels your newsletter
- Write compelling subject lines, headlines, preview copy, and other calls to action
- Ensure that deadlines are met and that every newsletter is flawless
- Be driven by — and curious about — all data associated with your newsletter campaigns
- Remain open to new opportunities and evolving strategies
- Maneuver through our email service provider with ease
What We Are Looking For
- At least 1 year of reporting, writing, or editing experience; experience working in a content promotion channel,
such as social media, apps, and/or newsletters
- Demonstrated ability to work closely with a team
- Communication and time management skills
- Relentless attention to detail, especially in copywriting, editing, and proofing standards
- Familiarity with a content management system, such as Wordpress; experience working in an email solution platform (ESP) or other similar content promotion tool
- Interest in health topics and/or products
Who We Are
Medical News Today, a part of Healthline Media, is one of the top five health information sites in the U.S. (per ComScore), and we’re growing. Every month, more than 35 million people come to us for in-depth, clinical content and the latest news in medical research. Using peer reviewed studies and reputable sources, our immensely talented and curious editors and writers create more than 250 pieces of health content on a monthly basis.
Over the last twenty years, Red Ventures has built a portfolio of influential brands, digital platforms, and strategic partnerships that work together to connect millions of people with expert advice. Through premium content and personalized digital experiences, Red Ventures builds online journeys that make it easier for people to make important decisions about their homes, health, travel, finances, education and entertainment. Founded in 2000, Red Ventures has 3,000 employees in 10 cities across the US, as well as in the UK and Brazil. Red Ventures owns and operates several large digital brands including Healthline, The Points Guy, Bankrate, MYMOVE, and Allconnect.com.
For more information, visit https://redventures.com and follow @RedVentures on social platforms.
We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits program for full-time employees, including medical, dental and vision coverage, paid time off, life insurance, disability coverage, employee assistance program, 401(k) plan and a paid parental leave program.
Red Ventures is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or any other basis protected by law. Employment at Red Ventures is based solely on a person's merit and qualifications.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with disabilities. This includes providing reasonable accommodation where appropriate. Should you require a reasonable accommodation to apply or participate in the job application or interview process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Healthline Media, Inc. (and our affiliated businesses) is committed to protecting your privacy. This notice seeks to explain our approach, in line with current data protection laws, including the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) and Data Protection Act 2018.
- Personal Data – Data which relates to a living individual who can be identified from those data, or from those data and other information which is in the possession of, or is likely to come into the possession of Healthline Media, Inc.
- Sensitive Data – Personal data consisting of information as to the racial or ethnic origin of the data subject, political opinions, religious beliefs or other beliefs of a similar nature, membership of a trade union, physical or mental health or condition, sexual life, the commission or alleged commission of any offence or any proceedings related to any offence.
Healthline Media, Inc. processes your data when it is in our legitimate interests to do this and when these interests are not overridden by your data protection rights.
We use your personal information in the following ways:
- To help secure appropriate candidates to fill vacant positions
- To communicate with you for recruitment purposes
- To consider your application for any role(s) you have applied for
- To consider you for other roles within our business
- To enhance your information with data obtained from third party providers
- To begin the onboarding process for successful candidates
What data do we collect and retain?
Healthline Media, Inc. retains personal data about you to help in our recruitment process. By applying for a position we have advertised or in response to a direct enquiry from you we will retain information including your name, email address, telephone number and home address. Any information you offer which may constitute sensitive information is not retained without additional appropriate consents.
How we use your personal data
Information you supply when applying for a position or registering an interest to work for Healthline Media, Inc. (and our affiliated businesses) is only used for our recruitment process.
How long is Personal Data retained?
We will retain your data on our secure database for a period of not more than six years.
Where do you keep my personal data?
We will retain a copy of your CV in Greenhouse, and may print this document for use during any interview you are invited to attend. After the interview this copy will be securely disposed of.
We are committed to ensuring that your data is kept secure. In order to prevent unauthorised disclosure we have in place suitable electronic and access control mechanisms.
Deletion of Data on request
You may contact us at any time to request us to remove personal information about you. We will action any request within an appropriate timeframe, and confirm deletion by email.
How do I know what Information you have retained about me?
You may request access to the information we retain about you. This request should be made in writing and should include the approximate date you registered with us and must be signed by you. Having received a request we will seek to confirm your identity, and will respond to your request by email within 30 days of obtaining proof of identity. Following your request we will either delete or make appropriate changes to your data, as you so wish.
How do we send you information?
Following your request for information we will email you and attach a document in PDF format which will be written in clear, concise and intelligible English.
Transfer of Data
We will not transfer in part or whole any of your personal data to any other party, outside the of Healthline Media, Inc. (and our affiliated businesses). We only transfer data outside of the EEA when Privacy Shield and/or EU Model Clauses have been agreed with our data processors.
All requests should be addressed to:
Data Protection Officer c/o Red Ventures
The Cooperage, 5 Copper Row
London SE1 2LH
How do we inform you of policy changes?
Any changes to this policy will be emailed to any individuals whose personal data we have retained on file.
Join the world’s fastest-growing digital health platform, with a global audience of hundreds of millions of monthly readers. Healthline is one of the largest brands within the Red Ventures portfolio and includes prestigious digital properties such as Healthline.com, Medical News Today, PsychCentral, and Greatist. We’re looking for a wide range of talent to help us continue to build a stronger, healthier world.Learn More about Healthline