Careers / Positions Technical Project Manager - Healthline
Our goal is to listen, engage, and activate voices across Red Ventures to ensure that all identity groups and perspectives are represented in our work. Our aspiration is to have diverse teams at every level of the company, and we seek candidates who bring unique personal experiences, curiosity and an eagerness to embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion.
At a Glance
We are seeking a Technical Project Manager to join our growing Health team! This role will be tightly integrated with the various technical teams within Health and will help us coordinate, communicate and prioritize the various team wide projects and initiatives. This is a highly visible role – offering unique opportunities to interact with many teams throughout the organization, ideal for someone who wants to have a big impact in a fast-growing company.
What You'll Do
- Work with engineering teams and partners to understand the business requirements and translate these requirements into technical/functional specifications.
- Discover the true requirements underlying feature requests; recommend alternative process approaches; help lead engineering planning efforts to meet aggressive timelines.
- Assertively hold all parties accountable to strategic goals.
- Work with our Directors of Engineering, Engineering Managers, and teams to coordinate the technical development effort, track/drive the project, and manage the operational implementation process. Anticipate bottlenecks, provide escalation management and make trade-offs; encourage smart risk-taking behavior to maximize business benefit; identify interdependencies between concurrent projects to prevent downstream problems.
- Put systems in place to enable the teams to be self sufficient with things such as JIRA boards, dashboards, reports etc.
- Lead cross-functional team meetings between technical and non-technical teams to follow up, prioritize work, and track dependencies..
- Coordinate meetings with stakeholders and provide updates.
- Roadmap and prioritize with engineering teams to determine strategic priority projects.
- Assist leading scrum ceremonies (stand ups, sprint planning, retrospectives, etc.)
What We're Looking For
- Possess a thorough understanding of technical implementation processes (design, configuration, testing, and deployment)
- Demonstrate maturity, judgment, negotiation/influence skills, analytical skills, leadership skills essential to successful program/project management
- Be a motivated self-starter who is also a team player with great cross-group collaboration skills
- Exhibit excellent oral and communication skills
- Detail oriented, yet able to look at a wide array of choices and identify what truly matters
- At least 3-5 years experience leading large, cross-functional technical projects
- Strong relationship building skills
A Red Ventures Brand
Over the last twenty years, Red Ventures has built a portfolio of influential brands, digital platforms, and strategic partnerships that work together to connect millions of people with expert advice. Through premium content and personalized digital experiences, Red Ventures builds online journeys that make it easier for people to make important decisions about their homes, health, travel, finances, education and entertainment. Founded in 2000, Red Ventures has 3,000 employees in 10 cities across the US, as well as in the UK and Brazil. Red Ventures owns and operates several large digital brands including Healthline, The Points Guy, Bankrate, MYMOVE, and Allconnect.com.
For more information, visit https://redventures.com and follow @RedVentures on social platforms.
We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits program for full-time employees, including medical, dental and vision coverage, paid time off, life insurance, disability coverage, employee assistance program, 401(k) plan and a paid parental leave program.
Red Ventures is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or any other basis protected by law. Employment at Red Ventures is based solely on a person's merit and qualifications.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with disabilities. This includes providing reasonable accommodation where appropriate. Should you require a reasonable accommodation to apply or participate in the job application or interview process, please contact email@example.com.
Join the world’s fastest-growing digital health platform, with a global audience of hundreds of millions of monthly readers. Healthline is one of the largest brands within the Red Ventures portfolio and includes prestigious digital properties such as Healthline.com, Medical News Today, PsychCentral, and Greatist. We’re looking for a wide range of talent to help us continue to build a stronger, healthier world.Learn More about Healthline