Careers / Positions Senior Manager of Communications
Our goal is to listen, engage, and activate voices across Red Ventures to ensure that all identity groups and perspectives are represented in our work. Our aspiration is to have diverse teams at every level of the company, and we seek candidates who bring unique personal experiences, curiosity and an eagerness to embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion.
At a Glance
CNET Media is seeking a Senior Manager to join our communications team. In this dynamic role you will be responsible for managing communications and PR efforts across CNET’s editorial and business teams globally.
What You'll Do
- Create and execute brand elevating strategic communications plans across consumer, business, trade media in support of key goals and business objectives.
- Proactively develop ideas for and secure trade coverage of the CNET brand, including for new initiatives, launches and announcements
- Pitch and secure broadcast interview opportunities for CNET journalists; provide media training and support as needed.
- Draft and prepare communications materials including press releases, statements, briefing documents and more
- Identify and pursue opportunities for leaders at CNET, including speaking engagements, interview opportunities, and participation in industry conferences
- Meet regularly with stakeholders across the organization to generate new ideas and plan for long-term projects and announcements
- Develop and maintain relationships with key consumer and trade media contacts across digital, print and broadcast
- Manage and respond to inbound media inquiries and requests
- Oversee industry award submissions for CNET
- Advise on and support internal communications
What We're Looking For
- 5-7 years of public relations and communications experience, preferably in media, news, or entertainment
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Established media contacts and a proven track record of booking TV and radio segments and securing trade coverage
- Experience managing PR efforts on-site at events
- Ability to own projects from start to finish, multitask and thrive in a fast paced environment
- Experience working and communicating with executive leadership and external partners
- Strong collaboration skills and the ability to be reachable as needed
- Experience with PR software platforms including Cision, Critical Mention, and MuckRack
Who We Are
Founded in 2000, Red Ventures is a portfolio of growing digital businesses that bring consumers and brands together through integrated e-commerce, strategic partnerships and many proprietary brands including Bankrate, AllConnect.com and Reviews.com. Headquartered south of Charlotte, NC, Red Ventures has over 3000 employees in offices across the US, as well as London and Sao Paulo. For more information, visit www.redventures.com.
We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits program for full-time employees, including medical, dental and vision coverage, paid time off, life insurance, disability coverage, employee assistance program, 401(k) plan and a paid parental leave program.
Red Ventures is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or any other basis protected by law. Employment at Red Ventures is based solely on a person's merit and qualifications.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with disabilities. This includes providing reasonable accommodation where appropriate. Should you require a reasonable accommodation to apply or participate in the job application or interview process, please contact email@example.com.
Join an iconic portfolio of world-class brands that reach close to 100 million unique visitors monthly, advising passionate consumers about everything they love. Properties under the CNET umbrella include GameSpot, ZDNet, Metacritic, TechRepublic, and more. We’re looking for top-tier journalists and other top talent to join our mission of helping people make life’s most important decisions.Learn More about CNET