Careers / Positions Senior Data Engineer, Financial Services Remote
Our goal is to listen, engage, and activate voices across Red Ventures to ensure that all identity groups and perspectives are represented in our work. Our aspiration is to have diverse teams at every level of the company, and we seek candidates who bring unique personal experiences, curiosity and an eagerness to embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion.
At a Glance
As a Senior Data Engineer at Red Ventures, you’ll build data products and create the foundation that powers our machine learning and business analytics efforts. You’ll work hand-in-hand with a variety of stakeholders from functional groups across the organization to create end-to-end solutions. Red Ventures is a high-autonomy, high-ownership environment; you’ll own your work from idea to production solution. Our data engineering tech stack is primarily AWS and Spark/Scala via Databricks, though we welcome strong applicants from a wide variety of technical backgrounds. We believe that diverse, inclusive teams are better teams. Think of the bullets below as guidelines: if you only partially meet the qualifications on this posting, we encourage you to apply anyway!
What you’ll do
- Iterate - Red tape doesn’t get in our way. We believe that "Speed Trumps Perfection" so we test and deploy daily.
- Autonomy – Aspiring entrepreneurs succeed here because you will have full-ownership over your work from beginning to end.
- Innovate – With the belief that “Everything is Written in Pencil”, we encourage our teams to test new frameworks, learn new languages and challenge the “status quo” to make us better.
Our Senior Data Engineers on the Financial Services vertical are responsible for building the data processing pipelines that power products like the Bankrate.com authenticated experience, The Points Guy (TPG) mobile app, Lonely Planet and new business launches like our Sage Mortgage Brokerage. This upcoming year we are planning to evolve our underlying data engineering tech stack by evaluating a data catalog product (Alation), building tools to automate common-place ETL changes, and deepening our expertise in streaming data processing.
What we’re looking for
- 5+ years of experience performing production data engineering/ETL work
- Familiarity with Spark is a plus
- A technical leader who can act as a technical mentor for more junior data engineers on the team
- Scala would be ideal but a solid knowledge of Python or Java is also acceptable
- Experience with one of the major cloud providers (we use AWS but we welcome candidates with experience in Azure or GCP)
- Experience with one of the major data warehousing solutions (we use Redshift but we welcome candidates with experience in Snowflake, Oracle or Teradata)
- Experience with Airflow is a plus.
Who We Are
Founded in 2000, Red Ventures is a portfolio of growing digital businesses that bring consumers and brands together through integrated e-commerce, strategic partnerships and many proprietary brands including Bankrate, AllConnect.com and Reviews.com. Headquartered south of Charlotte, NC, Red Ventures has over 3000 employees in offices across the US, as well as London and Sao Paulo. For more information, visit www.redventures.com.
We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits program for full-time employees, including medical, dental and vision coverage, paid time off, life insurance, disability coverage, employee assistance program, 401(k) plan and a paid parental leave program.
Red Ventures is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or any other basis protected by law. Employment at Red Ventures is based solely on a person's merit and qualifications.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with disabilities. This includes providing reasonable accommodation where appropriate. Should you require a reasonable accommodation to apply or participate in the job application or interview process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Red Ventures is a portfolio of influential brands, digital platforms, and strategic partnerships. We’re made up of dozens of teams spanning multiple industries and geographies - all working together to help people make life’s most important decisions. Whether you’re looking for freedom to build new brands and businesses from the ground up, an opportunity to partner with brands who are already globally recognized, or a combination of both - this is a place where you can unlock substantial experience and even make entire career shifts, all within one organization.Learn More about Red Ventures