Careers / Positions Director of Business Operations - Lonely Planet
Our goal is to listen, engage, and activate voices across Red Ventures to ensure that all identity groups and perspectives are represented in our work. Our aspiration is to have diverse teams at every level of the company, and we seek candidates who bring unique personal experiences, curiosity and an eagerness to embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion.
Director of Business Operations - Lonely Planet
Location: Remote, Charlotte, NC or New York, NY
What You’ll Do
- Stand up and grow an Operations team, which will help manage performance across digital and publishing businesses
- Work with data team to create infrastructure that will allow us to identify and optimize leading indicators, as well as measure the lagging performance data
- Lead discussions with internal and external partners to grow Lonely Planet and the overall travel vertical at Red Ventures
- Be the point person for financial and operational performance, understanding key levers and ways in which we can drive impact and able to communicate performance to stakeholders across the business
- Manage and redistribute workload when necessary to achieve user satisfaction and business optimization targets
- Drive collaboration across all areas of the business (marketing, sales, operations etc)
- Work directly with senior leadership to design and execute overall strategy to drive profitable growth of the business
What We’re Looking For
- 8-10 years of leading digital operations and/or FP&A experience
- Expertise setting up data infrastructure and processes in order to enable decision making at pace
- Confidence managing day-to-day operational P/L; ability to understand key trends, areas of opportunities and prioritize greatest areas of impact
- Can-do attitude, ability to manage ambiguity, and someone who thrives in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong project management and prioritization skills along with a hands-on approach to leadership
- Strong communication and presentation skills, written and verbal.
- Data driven: exceptional analytical skills, experience driving revenue & growth to hit financial plans and targets
- Strong player coach: This role will require both high levels of strategy / leadership, but also execution as we grow the team
Who We Are
Over the last twenty years, Red Ventures has built a portfolio of influential brands, digital platforms, and strategic partnerships that work together to connect millions of people with expert advice. Through premium content and personalized digital experiences, Red Ventures builds online journeys that make it easier for people to make important decisions about their homes, health, travel, finances, education and entertainment. Founded in 2000, Red Ventures has 3,000 employees in 10 cities across the US, as well as in the UK and Brazil. Red Ventures owns and operates several large digital brands including Healthline, The Points Guy, Bankrate, MYMOVE, and Allconnect.com.
For more information, visit https://redventures.com and follow @RedVentures on social platforms.
We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits program for full-time employees, including medical, dental and vision coverage, paid time off, life insurance, disability coverage, employee assistance program, 401(k) plan and a paid parental leave program.
Red Ventures is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or any other basis protected by law. Employment at Red Ventures is based solely on a person's merit and qualifications.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with disabilities. This includes providing reasonable accommodation where appropriate. Should you require a reasonable accommodation to apply or participate in the job application or interview process, please contact email@example.com.
Red Ventures is a portfolio of influential brands, digital platforms, and strategic partnerships. We’re made up of dozens of teams spanning multiple industries and geographies - all working together to help people make life’s most important decisions. Whether you’re looking for freedom to build new brands and businesses from the ground up, an opportunity to partner with brands who are already globally recognized, or a combination of both - this is a place where you can unlock substantial experience and even make entire career shifts, all within one organization.Learn More about Red Ventures