Careers / Positions Medical Editor, Medical News Today - Healthline
Our goal is to listen, engage, and activate voices across Red Ventures to ensure that all identity groups and perspectives are represented in our work. Our aspiration is to have diverse teams at every level of the company, and we seek candidates who bring unique personal experiences, curiosity and an eagerness to embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion.
At a Glance
Medical News Today, part of Healthline Media, is seeking an experienced, detail-oriented Medical Editor to join the Drug Content team. As a Medical Editor, Drug Content, you will be instrumental in creating and maintaining superior consumer-facing articles on prescription and over-the-counter medications.
What You’ll Do
- Perform comprehensive editing of original content written by pharmacists
- Revise, optimize, and update existing drug information articles
- Work with the in-house team of editorial and SEO professionals to build article outlines
- Translate complex pharmaceutical text into language accessible to consumers while adhering to Medical News Today editorial standards
- Work closely with freelance pharmacist writers and medical reviewers, carefully reviewing and incorporating comments and revisions
- Develop questions for medical reviewers to ensure accuracy and accessibility of content
- Manage workflow for assigned articles through writing, medical review, and copy edit stages to ensure adherence to deadlines
- Brainstorm ways to improve drug articles and make them even more useful for readers
- Track issues that arise and discuss with team members to address and resolve
- Participate in team meetings to develop content goals and strategy
What We’re Looking For
- Bachelor’s degree
- At least 3 years relevant professional experience as a medical editor working on consumer content, preferably in digital patient education or for a consumer health website
- Exceptional analytical, research, writing, and editing skills
- Creativity and a passion for editing, with strong organizational skills and excellent attention to detail
- Ability to read and interpret research studies and drug PIs
- Familiarity with SEO concepts and best practices
- Experience working with medical writers and clinician writers and reviewers in an editorial capacity
- Experience working with freelancers
- Proficiency in MS Word and Excel, as well as cloud-based workflow programs
- Experience working in a fast-paced, deadline-driven department
Who We Are
Medical News Today, a part of Healthline Media, is one of the top five health information sites in the U.S. (per ComScore), and we’re growing. Every month, more than 35 million people come to us for in-depth, clinical content and the latest news in medical research. Using peer reviewed studies and reputable sources, our immensely talented and curious editors and writers create more than 250 pieces of health content on a monthly basis.
Over the last twenty years, Red Ventures has built a portfolio of influential brands, digital platforms, and strategic partnerships that work together to connect millions of people with expert advice. Through premium content and personalized digital experiences, Red Ventures builds online journeys that make it easier for people to make important decisions about their homes, health, travel, finances, education and entertainment. Founded in 2000, Red Ventures has 3,000 employees in 10 cities across the US, as well as in the UK and Brazil. Red Ventures owns and operates several large digital brands including Healthline, The Points Guy, Bankrate, MYMOVE, and Allconnect.com.
For more information, visit https://redventures.com and follow @RedVentures on social platforms.
We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits program for full-time employees, including medical, dental and vision coverage, paid time off, life insurance, disability coverage, employee assistance program, 401(k) plan and a paid parental leave program.
Red Ventures is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or any other basis protected by law. Employment at Red Ventures is based solely on a person's merit and qualifications.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with disabilities. This includes providing reasonable accommodation where appropriate. Should you require a reasonable accommodation to apply or participate in the job application or interview process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Join the world’s fastest-growing digital health platform, with a global audience of hundreds of millions of monthly readers. Healthline is one of the largest brands within the Red Ventures portfolio and includes prestigious digital properties such as Healthline.com, Medical News Today, PsychCentral, and Greatist. We’re looking for a wide range of talent to help us continue to build a stronger, healthier world.Learn More about Healthline