Careers / Positions SEO Editor
Our goal is to listen, engage, and activate voices across Red Ventures to ensure that all identity groups and perspectives are represented in our work. Our aspiration is to have diverse teams at every level of the company, and we seek candidates who bring unique personal experiences, curiosity and an eagerness to embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion.
At a Glance
The SEO Content Editor on Creditcards.com and Bankrate.com uses SEO best practices and refined editorial expertise to improve and update our highest transactional credit card pages. They exhibit precision editing abilities and excellent time management, communication and collaboration skills. They will work closely with the SEO team, freelance and internal writers, designers, compliance and PR to move credit card category pages through the iterative refresh process.
Creditcards.com is the ultimate credit card marketplace, helping millions of people experience the financial and personal benefits of smarter, more informed spending. Creditcards.com is a place where consumers can shop and compare the largest variety of credit card offers you can find online for free. This position will focus on refreshing our most highly trafficked transactional pages on a continuous basis to ensure we are offering readers the most up-to-date and useful information to help them find the right credit card.
An ideal candidate for this position has a contagious positive attitude, a passion for personal finance literacy, and an enthusiasm for working in a dynamic, fast-paced environment. Creative ideas and a willingness to experiment is key.
What you’ll do
- Stay up-to-date on the most current credit card offers in the marketplace
- Collaborate with SEO analysts to ideate on-page content tests
- Write updates for our primary transactional pages, and occasionally, supporting editorial content.
- Edit and fact-check content from internal and freelance writers.
- Attend and contribute to collaboration and brainstorming meetings.
- QA published content.
What we’re looking for
- A positive attitude with a passion for creating excellent content
- At least 2 years of editorial experience working with SEO-driven content
- Strong research, writing, and editorial skills, with the ability to edit and rewrite quickly on deadline
- Experience working with credit card and personal finance topics and products preferred
- Experience creating or editing content based on SEO concepts and best practices
- Excellent communication and project management skills, with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and prioritize workload
- Ability to grasp the voice, style, and tone of different brands, and edit according to their unique standards
- Demonstrated ability to work closely with a team
- Comfort and confidence making content decisions
- Working knowledge of Wordpress and familiarity with semantic HTML is a plus
Who We Are
Over the last twenty years, Red Ventures has built a portfolio of influential brands, digital platforms, and strategic partnerships that work together to connect millions of people with expert advice. Through premium content and personalized digital experiences, Red Ventures builds online journeys that make it easier for people to make important decisions about their homes, health, travel, finances, education and entertainment. Founded in 2000, Red Ventures has 3,000 employees in 10 cities across the US, as well as in the UK and Brazil. Red Ventures owns and operates several large digital brands including Healthline, The Points Guy, Bankrate, MYMOVE, and Allconnect.com. For more information, visit https://redventures.com and follow @RedVentures on social platforms.
We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits program for full-time employees, including medical, dental and vision coverage, paid time off, life insurance, disability coverage, employee assistance program, 401(k) plan and a paid parental leave program.
Red Ventures is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or any other basis protected by law. Employment at Red Ventures is based solely on a person's merit and qualifications.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with disabilities. This includes providing reasonable accommodation where appropriate. Should you require a reasonable accommodation to apply or participate in the job application or interview process, please contact email@example.com.
Join one of the most prestigious brands in the world, and do meaningful work that helps millions of people make better financial decisions for their families and their futures. Our Bankrate team spans offices all over the country, and we’re looking for a wide range of talent to help us grow – from technology experts, to journalists, to business leaders, and more.Learn More about Bankrate