Careers / Positions Senior Corporate Counsel | Health
Our goal is to listen, engage, and activate voices across Red Ventures to ensure that all identity groups and perspectives are represented in our work. Our aspiration is to have diverse teams at every level of the company, and we seek candidates who bring unique personal experiences, curiosity and an eagerness to embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion.
At a Glance
You will be primary legal counsel for a significant business unit within Red Ventures’ Health vertical. Your workload will consist primarily of contract negotiation and advising the business team and its partners on healthcare regulatory aspects of their business dealings.
What You’ll Do
- Draft, review, and negotiate a wide range of commercial contracts, including Master Services Agreements, advertising technology contracts, data agreements, and software and technology licenses. Establish processes for contract flow.
- Advise your business clients and legal colleagues on US healthcare regulatory laws, regulations, and enforcement activities, and apply your knowledge of these laws to provide actionable advice to senior management and product leadership.
- Provide healthcare regulatory counseling on contracts, including Business Associate Agreements, vendor contracts, and commercial contracts involving data licensing components and negotiations.
- Routinely meet with your business clients to identify potential healthcare regulatory legal risks and propose and implement solutions to address those risks.
- Work with the business teams to create templates and guidelines to allow teams to independently address common commercial needs.
- Conduct advertising and marketing law reviews and provide actionable feedback to your business clients.
What We Are Looking For
- The Red Ventures Health Vertical is building out a legal team comprised of lawyers who excel at collaboration, possess an exceptional ability to distill complex areas of the law into advice that is digestible and actionable by our business clients, and who are solution oriented and focused on facilitating business objectives. You must be egoless, value collaboration, and be ready to put in the hard work to accomplish whatever the job demands.
- Juris Doctor degree from an ABA-accredited U.S. law school and member of the bar of a U.S. jurisdiction
- Must have 5+ years of legal experience; ideally at least 2 years of in-house experience in the consumer-facing digital health space.
- Experience with laws and regulations controlling marketing and advertising, intellectual property, consumer protection, and privacy and data protection, including HIPAA, CCPA and state privacy laws
- Experience with Health regulatory compliance (Stark, anti-kickback and referral laws and regulations, fee splitting laws and regulations) strongly preferred
- Experience reviewing and advising on the development of external facing marketing and user content and user experiences
- Ability to operate in a dynamic environment and navigate amid uncertainty with a can-do, problem-solving attitude is a must! We are not the legal team of “no” or ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ - instead we are equal parts risk identifiers and problem solvers. And if you can liven up your legal advice with some humor, that is a plus (and always encouraged).
- Ability to identify common commercial needs among our business clients that are appropriate for self-service tools that you create to help the business move fast while also seamlessly operationalizing legal advice.
Who We Are
- Founded in 2000, Red Ventures is a portfolio of growing digital businesses that bring consumers and brands together through integrated e-commerce, strategic partnerships and many proprietary brands including Bankrate, AllConnect.com and Reviews.com. Headquartered south of Charlotte, NC, Red Ventures has over 3000 employees in offices across the US, as well as London and Sao Paulo. For more information, visit redventures.com.
- We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits program for full-time employees, including medical, dental and vision coverage, paid time off, life insurance, disability coverage, employee assistance program, 401(k) plan and a paid parental leave program.
- Red Ventures is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or any other basis protected by law. Employment at Red Ventures is based solely on a person's merit and qualifications.
- We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with disabilities. This includes providing reasonable accommodation where appropriate. Should you require a reasonable accommodation to apply or participate in the job application or interview process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Red Ventures is a portfolio of influential brands, digital platforms, and strategic partnerships. We’re made up of dozens of teams spanning multiple industries and geographies - all working together to help people make life’s most important decisions. Whether you’re looking for freedom to build new brands and businesses from the ground up, an opportunity to partner with brands who are already globally recognized, or a combination of both - this is a place where you can unlock substantial experience and even make entire career shifts, all within one organization.Learn More about Red Ventures