Careers / Positions Director of Data Science and Analytics
Our goal is to listen, engage, and activate voices across Red Ventures to ensure that all identity groups and perspectives are represented in our work. Our aspiration is to have diverse teams at every level of the company, and we seek candidates who bring unique personal experiences, curiosity and an eagerness to embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion.
What You’ll Do
As the Director of Data Science and Analytics, you will be the chief data advocate and get people excited about the simple yet powerful ways data can transform their world. You will set and lead the team's strategic direction and priorities, develop and grow this cross functional team, and lead our transition to a data as a product vision. Our Home industry vertical is growing incredibly fast and by unleashing the power of data we know we will go faster and higher. A genuine passion for data, an insatiable curiosity, and a service-oriented empathetic mindset are the essential building blocks for success in this role.
You will use your broad business background, analytical prowess and technical/statistical acumen to deliver insights, commercial understanding and driving data science adoption within all our products. Your goal is to assist all departments in making better, faster and data-driven decisions. This position reports to the SVP of Technology and will have direct reports.
- Define, articulate, and execute the data analytics and data science strategy for the Home industry vertical businesses across all of the consumer experience channels
- Partner with the executive team to identify the key business drivers and drive reporting and analysis best practices to foster an appreciation for why these metrics are essential
- Bring a roll-up-your-sleeves attitude and build/review BI dashboards, stakeholder tools, and statistical models to support informed decision making
- Negotiating with external parties to source additional data sets to support our first party data strategy and integration of these data sets into our consumer and Partner products
- Recruit, train, manage and support the development of a team of data analysts and data scientists so they feel challenged and engaged
- Design, build and develop the strategy for monetizing of our first party data set
What you'll need...
- 10+ years of experience leading a team of data professionals
- Demonstrated experience developing and delivering high business value strategic initiatives
- 5+ years experience coaching, training, and developing data analysts and data scientists
- At least 6+ years of advanced proficiency in writing SQL including performing time-series analysis, aggregate analysis over large complex datasets, multi-table joins, query optimization
- Moderate familiarity with R and Python
- Background in marketing, consumer, or advertising analytics highly preferred
- Deep familiarity with the implementation and rollout of business intelligence tools to high growth and dynamic organizations
- Confidence in engaging, presenting and when necessary respectfully challenging senior members of the leadership team
- An advocate for agile project management methods
Red Ventures is a portfolio of influential brands, digital platforms, and strategic partnerships. We’re made up of dozens of teams spanning multiple industries and geographies - all working together to help people make life’s most important decisions. Whether you’re looking for freedom to build new brands and businesses from the ground up, an opportunity to partner with brands who are already globally recognized, or a combination of both - this is a place where you can unlock substantial experience and even make entire career shifts, all within one organization.Learn More about Red Ventures