Careers / Positions Software Engineer, Bankrate.com (Remote, Visa Sponsoring)
Our goal is to listen, engage, and activate voices across Red Ventures to ensure that all identity groups and perspectives are represented in our work. Our aspiration is to have diverse teams at every level of the company, and we seek candidates who bring unique personal experiences, curiosity and an eagerness to embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion.
At a Glance
Bankrate.com, a division of Red Ventures, is looking for a talented, result-oriented, innovative software engineers to join our team, responsible for building services and experiences on Bankrate.com
In addition to building secure applications that protect the privacy of our customers, our team works collaboratively to create personalized experiences that grow our business. We love to build high-quality software and believe that there is real value in developing software so that it can be easily understood, maintained, and extended. At Bankrate.com we are all about teamwork, accountability, and a customer-first approach. We work hard but do so in a collaborative, fun, and flexible work environment.
As a member of the team, you will have the opportunity to work on our authenticated platform, leveraging our team’s research and experience to build systems and tools that help our users best manage their personal finances and grow their knowledge. Each day, you will apply your programming skills towards building secure and performant web experiences. You’ll work in systems utilizing the latest technologies like Node.js, Typescript, and React.
What You'll Do
- Design, modify, implement, and test software to support Bankrate authenticated experiences.
- Take ownership and responsibility of the team’s goals and be a good steward to our systems and customers.
- Work full-stack by implementing web services, APIs, and front-ends to power Bankrate.com.
- Collaborate with all members of our cross-functional scrum team to deliver a quality product.
What We're Looking For
- At least 3 years of software development experience
- ReactJS, VueJS, or AngularJS experience
- Experience developing and supporting production quality APIs
- Knowledge of Node.js, TypeScript, Go, or PHP is a plus
- Experience with version control tools (git)
- Experience designing, maintaining, and utilizing relational databases using SQL
- Experience with Jest, Enzyme, Cypress, PHPUnit, or other testing libraries and frameworks
- Experience working in a Test-Driven Development (TDD) and Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) environments
- Experience with delivering software in a cloud environment (AWS, Google Cloud, or Azure)
- Experience with various tools: Postman, Swagger, Docker, CircleCI
- Experience writing high-quality documentation
- REST, GraphQL, and API services, HTTP Status Codes, Content Negotiation, API versioning, Caching
- Security, Stability, Reliability, Scalability, Fault Tolerance, Performance, Monitoring
- Experience with common authentication/authorization patterns
Who We Are
Over the last twenty years, Red Ventures has built a portfolio of influential brands, digital platforms, and strategic partnerships that work together to connect millions of people with expert advice. Through premium content and personalized digital experiences, Red Ventures builds online journeys that make it easier for people to make important decisions about their homes, health, travel, finances, education and entertainment. Founded in 2000, Red Ventures has 3,000 employees in 10 cities across the US, as well as in the UK and Brazil. Red Ventures owns and operates several large digital brands including Healthline, The Points Guy, Bankrate, MYMOVE, and Allconnect.com.For more information, visit https://redventures.com and follow @RedVentures on social platforms.
We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits program for full-time employees, including medical, dental and vision coverage, paid time off, life insurance, disability coverage, employee assistance program, 401(k) plan and a paid parental leave program.
Red Ventures is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or any other basis protected by law. Employment at Red Ventures is based solely on a person's merit and qualifications.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with disabilities. This includes providing reasonable accommodation where appropriate. Should you require a reasonable accommodation to apply or participate in the job application or interview process, please contact email@example.com.
Join one of the most prestigious brands in the world, and do meaningful work that helps millions of people make better financial decisions for their families and their futures. Our Bankrate team spans offices all over the country, and we’re looking for a wide range of talent to help us grow – from technology experts, to journalists, to business leaders, and more.Learn More about Bankrate
Covid 19 Vaccine Requirement: Unless otherwise prohibited by law, if a candidate is successful and a conditional job offer is made, the candidate then will be required to submit proof of a full vaccination series against COVID-19. Requests for reasonable accommodations on the basis of disability, pregnancy status, or religious belief will be considered on an individualized basis.