Careers / Positions Senior Platform Engineer - Healthline
Our goal is to listen, engage, and activate voices across Red Ventures to ensure that all identity groups and perspectives are represented in our work. Our aspiration is to have diverse teams at every level of the company, and we seek candidates who bring unique personal experiences, curiosity and an eagerness to embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion.
At a Glance
Healthline, a Red Ventures Brand, is seeking a Senior Platform Engineer to join our team. We are a small team of passionate engineers working within the Red Ventures Healthline organization to build tools, drive development efficiency and solve cloud technology needs of all kinds.
Healthline.com is the #1 health information property on the planet. Every month, 250 million people count on our talented teams to support, guide and inspire them toward the best possible health outcomes for themselves and their families. We create authoritative content that’s highly relevant, approachable and actionable. And we complement that with a culture of genuine compassion. In short, we're changing the consumer health information business and we need exceptional people like you to help us do it. If you share our vision for a stronger, healthier world please explore RV Healthline and let’s talk.
What you’ll do
- Join a high performing platform/cloud team who embraces the devops philosophy.
- Work in tandem with the cloud team and development teams to identify and implement the most optimal cloud-based solutions.
- Architect and build continuous delivery automated pipelines for a suite of microservices.
- Have a passion for automation and self-healing systems.
- Create and manage the engineering build and deployment process across all environments.
- Contribute to team improvement initiatives and projects, including testing tools, process improvements, and test automation to improve security, reliability, maintainability, availability, and performance.
- Monitor application logs and respond to errors.
- Look for ways to optimize build times and speed up feedback loops.
- Setup, maintain, and administer software build and deployment methods and tools.
- Identify development methodologies to continually improve our production practices and efficiency.
- Participate in the on-call rotation for the infrastructure layers of our stack.
What we’re looking for
- Experience with designing, automating, and operating secure and scalable AWS infrastructure using Terraform
- Strong knowledge of AWS platform and technologies (EC2, S3, IAM, RDS, etc.)
- Strong knowledge of AWS VPCs and cloud networking
- Proficient with at least one container orchestration solution (Docker or Kubernetes).
- Current and advanced knowledge of build and continuous integration tools - CircleCI preferred, Jenkins, TravisCI
- Experience with APMs (Application Performance Monitoring tools) - New Relic, DataDog, ELK Graphite
- Solid understanding of git, github permissions
- Hands on experience working in a programming language (Go, Python)
- Hands on experience with database design and management (MySQL, Postgres, DynamoDB, etc)
- Ability to build a highly available, automated build-on-demand infrastructure for large development and test teams.
- A security-first mindset and familiarity with compliance standards such as HIPAA and PCI
- Willingness to mentor and train junior cloud engineers as well as software engineers in cloud technology
A Red Ventures Brand
Over the last twenty years, Red Ventures has built a portfolio of influential brands, digital platforms, and strategic partnerships that work together to connect millions of people with expert advice. Through premium content and personalized digital experiences, Red Ventures builds online journeys that make it easier for people to make important decisions about their homes, health, travel, finances, education and entertainment. Founded in 2000, Red Ventures has 3,000 employees in 10 cities across the US, as well as in the UK and Brazil. Red Ventures owns and operates several large digital brands including Healthline, The Points Guy, Bankrate, MYMOVE, and Allconnect.com.
For more information, visit https://redventures.com and follow @RedVentures on social platforms.
We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits program for full-time employees, including medical, dental and vision coverage, paid time off, life insurance, disability coverage, employee assistance program, 401(k) plan and a paid parental leave program.
Red Ventures is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or any other basis protected by law. Employment at Red Ventures is based solely on a person's merit and qualifications.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with disabilities. This includes providing reasonable accommodation where appropriate. Should you require a reasonable accommodation to apply or participate in the job application or interview process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Join the world’s fastest-growing digital health platform, with a global audience of hundreds of millions of monthly readers. Healthline is one of the largest brands within the Red Ventures portfolio and includes prestigious digital properties such as Healthline.com, Medical News Today, PsychCentral, and Greatist. We’re looking for a wide range of talent to help us continue to build a stronger, healthier world.Learn More about Healthline