Careers / Positions Managing Editor, The Points Guy UK
Our goal is to listen, engage, and activate voices across Red Ventures to ensure that all identity groups and perspectives are represented in our work. Our aspiration is to have diverse teams at every level of the company, and we seek candidates who bring unique personal experiences, curiosity and an eagerness to embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion.
As the TPG UK Managing Editor, they will be responsible for identifying, assigning or writing and editing news stories — sometimes breaking news stories — and cross-publishing them on both TPG US and TPG UK sites. This candidate will work to build relationships with contacts in the aviation, hospitality, credit card and general travel industries across Europe. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in news and breaking news coverage. A strong knowledge base of travel industry trends, aviation, loyalty points and miles and credit cards would be beneficial.
Our TPG UK Managing Editor will play an instrumental role in building out the brand on a global level, while also leading the brand’s morning news effort.
What You'll Do
- Write or assign, edit and publish 2-5 daily posts of roughly 200-500 words each, sometimes written with limited turn-around time (generally less than two hours).
- Edit and maintain a thorough content calendar of feature-length stories at least three weeks in advance.
- Build and maintain relationships with a roster of freelance writers.
- Manage a team of in-house writers and editors.
- Consistently improve the quality of TPG’s editorial coverage.
- Plan out evergreen stories to run over periods of slow news or reduced staffing.
- Work closely to coordinate editorial strategy with counterparts in the US.
- Be engaged in social media, staying current with trends.
- Understand SEO value and employ best practices for SEO.
- Be engaged on data for our editorial coverage and use it to make informed decisions about coverage.
What We're Looking For
- At least 5 years of editorial experience, preferably as a news editor.
- Experience leading content teams that create a wide range of content types across multiple platforms and channels.
- Knowledge of aviation, points and miles, credit cards and the general travel industry.
- Industry connections in aviation, travel, hospitality and credit cards.
- Ability to quickly and accurately write or edit stories.
- Growth mindset with a drive to innovate and think strategically to support the expansion of TPG UK.
- Experience leading or overseeing training sessions on editorial processes.
- Clear understanding of brand voice and the ability to work across multiple style guides, with a strong knowledge of AP style preferred.
- Knowledge of content marketing performance KPIs, such as audience qualification.
- Strongly value diversity and inclusion, with an understanding of how to integrate those values into content marketing programs.
A Red Ventures Brand
Over the last twenty years, Red Ventures has built a portfolio of influential brands, digital platforms, and strategic partnerships that work together to connect millions of people with expert advice. Through premium content and personalized digital experiences, Red Ventures builds online journeys that make it easier for people to make important decisions about their homes, health, travel, finances, education and entertainment. Founded in 2000, Red Ventures has 3,000 employees in 10 cities across the US, as well as in the UK and Brazil. Red Ventures owns and operates several large digital brands including Healthline, The Points Guy, Bankrate, MYMOVE, and Allconnect.com.
For more information, visit https://redventures.com and follow @RedVentures on social platforms.
We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits program for full-time employees, including medical, dental and vision coverage, paid time off, life insurance, disability coverage, employee assistance program, 401(k) plan and a paid parental leave program.
Red Ventures is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or any other basis protected by law. Employment at Red Ventures is based solely on a person's merit and qualifications.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with disabilities. This includes providing reasonable accommodation where appropriate. Should you require a reasonable accommodation to apply or participate in the job application or interview process, please contact email@example.com.
Red Ventures is a portfolio of influential brands, digital platforms, and strategic partnerships. We’re made up of dozens of teams spanning multiple industries and geographies - all working together to help people make life’s most important decisions. Whether you’re looking for freedom to build new brands and businesses from the ground up, an opportunity to partner with brands who are already globally recognized, or a combination of both - this is a place where you can unlock substantial experience and even make entire career shifts, all within one organization.Learn More about Red Ventures