Careers / Positions Director, Paid Media - CNET
Our goal is to listen, engage, and activate voices across Red Ventures to ensure that all identity groups and perspectives are represented in our work. Our aspiration is to have diverse teams at every level of the company, and we seek candidates who bring unique personal experiences, curiosity and an eagerness to embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion.
At a Glance
We are looking for a seasoned Media Strategist & Planner to join our brand team to lead omni-channel, above-the-line media planning and buying. We are looking for a strategic owner who excels at collaborating with brand, creative and performance teams to achieve transformational growth for legacy brands and businesses. As a Director, you will be responsible for driving holistic media strategy and planning for CNET and establishing organizational best practices for above-the-line brand and media investments. Core responsibilities include strategic and tactical planning, oversight of buying and media operations with cross-functional teams, managing external agencies, as well as leading reporting and measurement to demonstrate ROI and key performance trends.
What you’ll do
- Partner with brand strategy team to drive awareness of key brand messages, stories, initiatives
- Own omni-channel media planning supporting full funnel brand-building efforts – Seeking and evaluating strategic media opportunities to reach and connect with new and existing audiences
- Collaborate cross-functionally with strategy, creative, PR teams (and/or agencies) to determine which messages at which times across which channels
- Oversee media buying, optimization and reporting across above-the-line and digital brand investments
- Manage external media agency relationships and partnerships
- Develop quarterly and annual budgets, forecasts; manage overall media pacing, billing, invoicing
- Set goals and kpis and devise strategies through which to achieve them while implementing measurement plans
What we’re looking for
- 5+ years of relevant professional experience in omni-channel media strategy, planning and buying.
- Expertise in both above-the-line and digital tactics, including direct buys, self-serve channels, programmatic and display networks.
- Strong perspective on awareness- and traffic-driving media types to achieve multiple business objectives.
- Ability to standardize ad trafficking, measurement operations and tagging for measurement and reporting
- Passionate about media industry and innovations – personality that serves as thought-leader on new and innovative ways to reach our core and go-get audiences
- Ability to operate as a media-creative, ensuring content and media are in lockstep, paired with strong analytical ability to evaluative performance and optimization
- Agency experience (includes working at or working with media agencies) including understanding of billing and invoicing processes
A Red Ventures Brand
Over the last twenty years, Red Ventures has built a portfolio of influential brands, digital platforms, and strategic partnerships that work together to connect millions of people with expert advice. Through premium content and personalized digital experiences, Red Ventures builds online journeys that make it easier for people to make important decisions about their homes, health, travel, finances, education and entertainment. Founded in 2000, Red Ventures has 4,000 employees in 10 cities across the US, in addition to several international locations. Red Ventures owns and operates several large digital brands including CNET, ZDNet, GameSpot, Metacritic, Healthline, The Points Guy and Bankrate.
For more information, visit https://redventures.com and follow @RedVentures on social platforms.
We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits program for full-time employees, including medical, dental and vision coverage, paid time off, life insurance, disability coverage, employee assistance program, 401(k) plan and a paid parental leave program.
Red Ventures is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or any other basis protected by law. Employment at Red Ventures is based solely on a person's merit and qualifications.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with disabilities. This includes providing reasonable accommodation where appropriate. Should you require a reasonable accommodation to apply or participate in the job application or interview process, please contact email@example.com.
Join an iconic portfolio of world-class brands that reach close to 100 million unique visitors monthly, advising passionate consumers about everything they love. Properties under the CNET umbrella include GameSpot, ZDNet, Metacritic, TechRepublic, and more. We’re looking for top-tier journalists and other top talent to join our mission of helping people make life’s most important decisions.Learn More about CNET