Careers / Positions Trade Marketing Coordinator, Lonely Planet
Our goal is to listen, engage, and activate voices across Red Ventures to ensure that all identity groups and perspectives are represented in our work. Our aspiration is to have diverse teams at every level of the company, and we seek candidates who bring unique personal experiences, curiosity and an eagerness to embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion.
At a Glance
Lonely Planet is looking for a Trade Marketing Coordinator to join our team. This role is responsible for providing support to the Manager, Trade Marketing (Global) to plan and execute a trade marketing strategy for Lonely Planet’s print publishing business that maximises book sales. The successful applicant will be required to develop an understanding of Lonely Planet’s brand positioning and guidelines, and an expert knowledge of Lonely Planet’s print publishing product range.
This role is responsible for the production and distribution of marketing and sales support materials to service Lonely Planet’s print sales teams globally. They will be expected to manage the creation of trade marketing assets and content for usage on Lonely Planet’s owned channels and by trade retailers. Marketing experience, combined with a keen attention to detail and the ability to work autonomously, is required to be successful in this position. Additionally, great project management skills will be essential, as well as the ability to effectively brief and provide clear feedback to designers and editors. Passion for travel is a must.
What You’ll Do
- Collaborate with a range of internal and external stakeholders to create sales and marketing resources, develop products and coordinate the distribution of materials
- Manage all aspects of content collation, copywriting, design, production and distribution of key Marketing & Sales materials, including catalogues, stock lists, and sales presentations
- Manage the design and production of trade marketing assets including product advertising, social media assets, product photography and video trailers
- Provide support for the creation and production of Point of Sale items for trade promotions
- Maintain an up-to-date and accurate resource of sales and marketing materials
- Manage the planning, content creation, design and, where required, uploading of Amazon A+ content for Lonely Planet product pages
- Contribute to post-campaign reporting: providing results, assessment and suggestions for improvement as required
What We’re Looking For
- Two years of marketing industry experience
- Understanding of the publishing industry (or experience in a similar category)
- Strong sense of design and current trends in Marketing
- Understanding of how design files need to be set up for print production and experience working with printers/producers
- Basic-intermediate Microsoft Office Suite skills (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Strong organisation and time management skills with a keen eye for detail
- Excellent communication skills including written (editing, copywriting and writing for different markets) and interpersonal. This is a global role that will collaborate with colleagues in a variety of time zones.
- Ability to work autonomously and on a range of projects simultaneously
- Ability to work well under pressure and to meet deadlines
- Experience with Amazon keywords and product description copywriting is an advantage
Who We Are
Founded in 2000, Red Ventures is a portfolio of growing digital businesses that bring consumers and brands together through integrated e-commerce, strategic partnerships and many proprietary brands including Bankrate, Lonely Planet and Healthline. Headquartered south of Charlotte, NC, Red Ventures has over 3000 employees in offices across the US, as well as London and Sao Paulo. For more information, visit www.redventures.com.
Red Ventures is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or any other basis protected by law. Employment at Red Ventures is based solely on a person's merit and qualifications.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with disabilities. This includes providing reasonable accommodation where appropriate. Should you require a reasonable accommodation to apply or participate in the job application or interview process, please contact email@example.com.
Red Ventures is a portfolio of influential brands, digital platforms, and strategic partnerships. We’re made up of dozens of teams spanning multiple industries and geographies - all working together to help people make life’s most important decisions. Whether you’re looking for freedom to build new brands and businesses from the ground up, an opportunity to partner with brands who are already globally recognized, or a combination of both - this is a place where you can unlock substantial experience and even make entire career shifts, all within one organization.Learn More about Red Ventures