Careers / Positions Mortgage Reporter
Our goal is to listen, engage, and activate voices across Red Ventures to ensure that all identity groups and perspectives are represented in our work. Our aspiration is to have diverse teams at every level of the company, and we seek candidates who bring unique personal experiences, curiosity and an eagerness to embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion.
At a Glance
Red Ventures is looking for a Mortgage Reporter to join our Bankrate team to guide consumers through the homebuying process. This will include writing new articles that answer key consumer questions (such as “how to get the best mortgage rate” and “how to refinance”), updating existing articles to ensure accuracy and freshness, and reviewing mortgage lenders.
We are looking for a hard-working, detail-oriented individual who can help us further grow our presence in the mortgage space. Ideal candidates should be passionate about helping homebuyers. An ability to work well in an editorial team setting is a must.
What You'll Do
- Write impactful and actionable stories that are highly visible on search
- Take complicated subjects and explain them with easily understandable language
- Work closely with the editor to brainstorm story ideas, respond to edits and meet deadlines
- Work collaboratively with the SEO team to establish high-level priorities
- Monitor news and trends related to mortgages, refinancing and homebuying
What We're Looking For
- At least 1 year of experience covering mortgages, homebuying or related topics
- Excellent research, writing and editorial skills, with the ability to respond to edits
- An enthusiasm for writing SEO content and helping Bankrate’s readers
- Ability to write content based on SEO concepts and best practices
- Knowledge and interest in personal finance
- Ability to grasp the voice, style and tone of the Bankrate brand
- Demonstrated ability to work closely with a team and individually as needed
- Experience with AP Style
Who We Are
Over the last twenty years, Red Ventures has built a portfolio of influential brands, digital platforms, and strategic partnerships that work together to connect millions of people with expert advice. Through premium content and personalized digital experiences, Red Ventures builds online journeys that make it easier for people to make important decisions about their homes, health, travel, finances, education and entertainment. Founded in 2000, Red Ventures has 3,000 employees in 10 cities across the US, as well as in the UK and Brazil. Red Ventures owns and operates several large digital brands including Healthline, The Points Guy, Bankrate, MYMOVE, and Allconnect.com. For more information, visit https://redventures.com and follow @RedVentures on social platforms.
We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits program for full-time employees, including medical, dental and vision coverage, paid time off, life insurance, disability coverage, employee assistance program, 401(k) plan and a paid parental leave program.
Red Ventures is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or any other basis protected by law. Employment at Red Ventures is based solely on a person's merit and qualifications.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with disabilities. This includes providing reasonable accommodation where appropriate. Should you require a reasonable accommodation to apply or participate in the job application or interview process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Join one of the most prestigious brands in the world, and do meaningful work that helps millions of people make better financial decisions for their families and their futures. Our Bankrate team spans offices all over the country, and we’re looking for a wide range of talent to help us grow – from technology experts, to journalists, to business leaders, and more.Learn More about Bankrate