Careers / Positions Technical Project Manager (Remote)
Our goal is to listen, engage, and activate voices across Red Ventures to ensure that all identity groups and perspectives are represented in our work. Our aspiration is to have diverse teams at every level of the company, and we seek candidates who bring unique personal experiences, curiosity and an eagerness to embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion.
At a Glance
We are seeking a Technical Project Manager to join our growing Financial Services team! This role will be tightly integrated with the various technical teams within the Application Team and will help us coordinate, communicate and prioritize team-wide projects and initiatives. This is a highly visible role offering unique opportunities to interact with many teams throughout the organization and is ideal for someone looking to make a big impact at a fast-growing company.
What You'll Do
- Work with Technical teams and partners to understand the business requirements and translate them into technical/functional specifications.
- Discover the true requirements underlying feature requests; recommend alternative technical approaches and lead engineering efforts to meet aggressive timelines.
- Work with the engineering team to understand and define technical risk of deployments and mitigate when necessary.
- Balance business needs versus technical constraints. Assertively hold all parties accountable to strategic goals.
- Coordinate technical development efforts, track/drive the projects and manage the operational implementation process including: anticipate bottlenecks, coordinate escalation management and make trade-offs; encourage smart risk-taking behavior to maximize business benefit; identify interdependencies between concurrent projects to prevent downstream problems.
- Lead cross-functional team meetings between technical and non-technical teams to follow up, prioritize work and track dependencies.
- Coordinate meetings with stakeholders and provide updates on outcomes.
- Roadmap and prioritize with engineering teams and stakeholders to determine strategic priority projects.
- Assess incoming feature requests and work with engineering teams to determine level of effort for prioritized work.
- Appropriately prioritize bugs and tech debt in balance with project work for the engineering team; understanding potential impact, urgency and risks of these.
- Act as Scrum Master/Agile Coach for teams.
What We're Looking For
- Demonstrate maturity, good judgment, negotiation/influence skills, analytical skills and leadership skills essential to successful program/project management.
- Ability to identify technical risks and take action accordingly.
- Be a motivated self-starter and team player with great cross-group collaboration skills.
- Exhibit excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Track record of successfully delivering high quality projects on time in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment.
- Detail oriented, yet able to look at a wide array of choices and identify what truly matters.
- Knowledge and application of PMI process groups and agile methodologies.
- PMP or CAPM Certified
- Certified Scrum Master
- Technical background in software development or data infrastructure
Who We Are
Founded in 2000, Red Ventures is a portfolio of growing digital businesses that bring consumers and brands together through integrated e-commerce, strategic partnerships and many proprietary brands including Bankrate, AllConnect.com and Reviews.com. Headquartered south of Charlotte, NC, Red Ventures has over 3000 employees in offices across the US, as well as London and Sao Paulo. For more information, visit www.redventures.com.
We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits program for full-time employees, including medical, dental and vision coverage, paid time off, life insurance, disability coverage, employee assistance program, 401(k) plan and a paid parental leave program.
Red Ventures is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or any other basis protected by law. Employment at Red Ventures is based solely on a person's merit and qualifications.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with disabilities. This includes providing reasonable accommodation where appropriate. Should you require a reasonable accommodation to apply or participate in the job application or interview process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Red Ventures is a portfolio of influential brands, digital platforms, and strategic partnerships. We’re made up of dozens of teams spanning multiple industries and geographies - all working together to help people make life’s most important decisions. Whether you’re looking for freedom to build new brands and businesses from the ground up, an opportunity to partner with brands who are already globally recognized, or a combination of both - this is a place where you can unlock substantial experience and even make entire career shifts, all within one organization.Learn More about Red Ventures