Careers / Positions Editor, Spanish Content - Healthline
Our goal is to listen, engage, and activate voices across Red Ventures to ensure that all identity groups and perspectives are represented in our work. Our aspiration is to have diverse teams at every level of the company, and we seek candidates who bring unique personal experiences, curiosity and an eagerness to embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion.
At a Glance
Healthline is looking for an Editor for our Spanish-language content to join our team either in the San Francisco office, New York office or remotely within the U.S. Healthline produces a range of content — from lifestyle articles on topics like fitness and nutrition to in-depth pieces on health conditions and treatments. As the Editor for our Spanish content, you’ll be responsible for maintaining the highest level of quality for our wide-ranging Spanish-speaking audience.
What You'll Do
- Lead the content translation project to ensure it meets production goals and conforms to Healthline’s high editorial standards for accuracy, readability, tone, and style.
- Manage associate editors working on Spanish content.
- Manage relationship with third-party translation team.
- Drive content quality initiatives within Spanish content, quality audits, updates, and changes within processes
- Coordinate with production to publish monthly article quota.
- Coordinate all updates and retranslations by third-party translation team.
- Collaborate in the creation of an in-house Spanish style guide.
- Conform content to in-house style.
- Provide feedback to third-party translation team on quality of work.
- Perform quality control on published content.
- Optimize process and efficiency.
What We're Looking For
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Journalism or related field.
- At least 3 years of editorial experience in Spanish-language media.
- At least 1 year of direct management experience.
- Editing-level Spanish with excellent command of Spanish-language grammar, orthography, and usage across regions.
- Hawk-like ability to catch factual imprecisions, errant punctuation, and grammatical mistakes.
- Strong skills in meeting deadlines and prioritizing workload.
- Excellent writing and communication skills.
- Experience with health and wellness/lifestyle content.
- Astute sense of appropriate voice and tone.
- Love of language.
- Proficiency with Google Suite and tracked changes in Microsoft Word.
- Experience with a content management system.
Who We Are
Over the last twenty years, Red Ventures has built a portfolio of influential brands, digital platforms, and strategic partnerships that work together to connect millions of people with expert advice. Through premium content and personalized digital experiences, Red Ventures builds online journeys that make it easier for people to make important decisions about their homes, health, travel, finances, education and entertainment. Founded in 2000, Red Ventures has 3,000 employees in 10 cities across the US, as well as in the UK and Brazil. Red Ventures owns and operates several large digital brands including Healthline, The Points Guy, Bankrate, MYMOVE, and Allconnect.com. For more information, visit https://redventures.com and follow @RedVentures on social platforms.
We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits program for full-time employees, including medical, dental and vision coverage, paid time off, life insurance, disability coverage, employee assistance program, 401(k) plan and a paid parental leave program.
Red Ventures is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or any other basis protected by law. Employment at Red Ventures is based solely on a person's merit and qualifications.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with disabilities. This includes providing reasonable accommodation where appropriate. Should you require a reasonable accommodation to apply or participate in the job application or interview process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Join the world’s fastest-growing digital health platform, with a global audience of hundreds of millions of monthly readers. Healthline is one of the largest brands within the Red Ventures portfolio and includes prestigious digital properties such as Healthline.com, Medical News Today, PsychCentral, and Greatist. We’re looking for a wide range of talent to help us continue to build a stronger, healthier world.Learn More about Healthline