Careers / Positions Managing Editor, Global News - Medical News Today
Our goal is to listen, engage, and activate voices across Red Ventures to ensure that all identity groups and perspectives are represented in our work. Our aspiration is to have diverse teams at every level of the company, and we seek candidates who bring unique personal experiences, curiosity and an eagerness to embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion.
At a Glance
Healthline Media is looking for an editorial leader to help grow and manage our global news team—which currently includes both Healthline and Medical News Today.
The ideal candidate is a well-rounded editor, writer, and experienced manager with a deep understanding of the online news environment—ideally with experience in health, wellness, nutrition, or related verticals.
In this role you will be expected to help manage our UK-based news editors, freelancers, and fact-checkers as well as research, assign, and schedule news stories and features.
What You'll Do
- Work closely with our head of global news to coordinate news coverage across Healthline and Medical News Today
Manage our UK-based news editors
- Recruit and manage top freelance editorial talent and build and foster relationships with leading medical professionals, researchers, and subject area experts
- Assign, edit, and publish new and updated content according to the specific editorial standards of our brands
- Coordinate and manage all assets for new and updated content, including photos, videos, and social media embeds
- Collaborate with SEO analysts, freelance writers, medical reviewers, designers, and copy editors to shepherd each piece through the editorial workflow
- Work cross-functionally to update and improve existing content
- Partner with marketing, social, and other business units to promote and optimize content
- Manage publication timelines and adjust priorities as needed based on stakeholder needs
- Be responsible for hitting monthly publication and traffic goals as well as monitoring budgets
What We're Looking For
- At least 7 years of editorial experience, including managing junior staff and freelancers
- Bachelor’s degree or higher, preferably in English, Journalism, Medical Sciences or Science Communication
- Deep understanding on the online news industry and best practices
- Superb research, writing, and editing skills with a firm understanding of AP style
- Experience creating or editing content based on SEO concepts and best practices
- Excellent communication skills and project management skills
- Excellent skills in meeting deadlines, managing multiple projects, and prioritizing workload
- Experience working with content management systems (WordPress, Drupal, etc.) and project management platforms (Asana, Airtable, etc.)
- Ability to grasp the voice, style, and tone of different brands, and to edit according to their unique standards
- Demonstrated ability to work closely with a team as well as lead and coach team members
- Experience working in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Comfort and confidence making content decisions
Medical News Today, a part of Healthline Media, is one of the top five health information sites in the U.S. (per ComScore), and we’re growing. Every month, more than 35 million people come to us for in-depth, clinical content and the latest news in medical research. Using peer reviewed studies and reputable sources, our immensely talented and curious editors and writers create more than 250 pieces of health content on a monthly basis.
Who We Are
Over the last twenty years, Red Ventures has built a portfolio of influential brands, digital platforms, and strategic partnerships that work together to connect millions of people with expert advice. Through premium content and personalized digital experiences, Red Ventures builds online journeys that make it easier for people to make important decisions about their homes, health, travel, finances, education and entertainment. Founded in 2000, Red Ventures has 3,000 employees in 10 cities across the US, as well as in the UK and Brazil. Red Ventures owns and operates several large digital brands including Healthline, The Points Guy, Bankrate, MYMOVE, and Allconnect.com. For more information, visit https://redventures.com and follow @RedVentures on social platforms.
We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits program for full-time employees, including medical, dental and vision coverage, paid time off, life insurance, disability coverage, employee assistance program, 401(k) plan and a paid parental leave program.
Red Ventures is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or any other basis protected by law. Employment at Red Ventures is based solely on a person's merit and qualifications.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with disabilities. This includes providing reasonable accommodation where appropriate. Should you require a reasonable accommodation to apply or participate in the job application or interview process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Join the world’s fastest-growing digital health platform, with a global audience of hundreds of millions of monthly readers. Healthline is one of the largest brands within the Red Ventures portfolio and includes prestigious digital properties such as Healthline.com, Medical News Today, PsychCentral, and Greatist. We’re looking for a wide range of talent to help us continue to build a stronger, healthier world.Learn More about Healthline