Careers / Positions Data Architect (AWS)
Our goal is to listen, engage, and activate voices across Red Ventures to ensure that all identity groups and perspectives are represented in our work. Our aspiration is to have diverse teams at every level of the company, and we seek candidates who bring unique personal experiences, curiosity and an eagerness to embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion.
At a Glance
Red Ventures and Trane Technologies are creating a state-of-the-art digital marketing, consumer experience and sales origination company for residential HVAC and other home services. We will still manage the best (branded and non-branded) online properties to attract consumers with diverse monetization strategies. Our competitive advantage will come from superior customer experience and best-in-class technology enabling new and disruptive industry capabilities.
This means our teams are focused on creating a superior world-class user experience that revolutionizes how people shop for their HVAC systems. It also means you’ll help take existing online experiences and make them much more meaningful.
If you are a Data Architect excited about building thoughtful data solutions that genuinely make customers’ lives better, please apply!
What You’ll Do
- Mentor and grow our Data Team
- Work alongside our backend engineers to architect, test, and maintain scalable, resilient data architecture on top of AWS
- Ensure performant event-driven and scheduled data ingress/egress across several internal and external platforms
- Set up and improve data and platform monitoring to help ensure quality and security
- Closely work alongside our product team and customers in contributing to thoughtful customer-centric solutions
- Add to a culture that loves curious collaboration and Agile experimentation
What We’re Looking For
- 5+ years of experience in data engineering, data science, software development or related fields with good exposure to data warehouses, distributed data processing frameworks, and cloud-based data-centric architecture.
- 3+ years developing in Spark, Scala, Java, or Python
- Decision-making and buildout experience connected to data warehouse design strategies such as star and snowflake schemas
- An appreciation for various approaches to data modeling and their associated benefits
- Confidence in SQL querying and scripting
- Experience with Airflow or other orchestration tools
- Any previous management, mentorship, and/or recruiting experience a plus!
Who We Are
Founded in 2000, Red Ventures is a portfolio of growing digital businesses that bring consumers and brands together through integrated e-commerce, strategic partnerships and many proprietary brands including Bankrate, AllConnect.com and Reviews.com. Headquartered south of Charlotte, NC, Red Ventures has over 3000 employees in offices across the US, as well as London and Sao Paulo. For more information, visit www.redventures.com.
We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits program for full-time employees, including medical, dental and vision coverage, paid time off, life insurance, disability coverage, employee assistance program, 401(k) plan and a paid parental leave program.
Red Ventures is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or any other basis protected by law. Employment at Red Ventures is based solely on a person's merit and qualifications.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with disabilities. This includes providing reasonable accommodation where appropriate. Should you require a reasonable accommodation to apply or participate in the job application or interview process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Red Ventures is a portfolio of influential brands, digital platforms, and strategic partnerships. We’re made up of dozens of teams spanning multiple industries and geographies - all working together to help people make life’s most important decisions. Whether you’re looking for freedom to build new brands and businesses from the ground up, an opportunity to partner with brands who are already globally recognized, or a combination of both - this is a place where you can unlock substantial experience and even make entire career shifts, all within one organization.Learn More about Red Ventures