Careers / Positions Lead, Software Engineer - Healthgrades
Our goal is to listen, engage, and activate voices across Red Ventures to ensure that all identity groups and perspectives are represented in our work. Our aspiration is to have diverse teams at every level of the company, and we seek candidates who bring unique personal experiences, curiosity and an eagerness to embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion.
At a Glance
Healthgrades is focused on providing trusted information that helps consumers and providers make meaningful connections. As a Lead, Software Engineer, you will be a key contributor and decision maker for components of the Healthgrades.com website. In your role, you will lead a squad of software engineers in building full stack web applications and integrating, enhancing, and creating multiple web services. You will bring together interactive elements of our website and our server-side infrastructure as an active participant in all facets of development. Join us as we change the game!
What You'll Do
- Oversee, manage, and contribute to complex software development projects for Healthgrades.com
- Work with product owner and team to translate business requirements into work assignments
- Ensure the technical feasibility of product roadmaps, identify project risks and develop recommendations for issues
- Develop systems using a variety of technologies, including Node.js, .NET Core, AWS services, and more
- Use the Scrum framework to collaborate with your team and stakeholders
- Provide mentorship and code reviews for team members
- Contribute your own well-written code and technical documentation
- Optimize the performance, scalability, security, and SEO of our applications
- Join other engineering team leads to align on delivery standards and drive engineering initiatives
What We're Looking For
- Previous lead or mentor experience including coaching other engineers
- 3+ years building and supporting consumer-facing web applications
- Good understanding and experience with front-end and back-end architectures
- Experience with developing for, and deploying to, a cloud platform like AWS
- Familiarity with non-functional requirements
- Good understanding of web markup, including HTML5 and CSS3
- Understanding of React and/or other similar frameworks
- Good understanding of asynchronous request handling
Pursuant to the Colorado Equal Pay Act, below is a summary of compensation elements for this role at the company if based in Colorado. The following benefits are provided by Red Ventures, subject to eligibility requirements.
- Starting Salary: $125,000 - $160,000*
*Note actual salary is based on geographic location, qualifications and experience
- Bonus: 5%
- Health Insurance Coverage (medical, dental, and vision)
- Life Insurance
- Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Paid Time Off
- Holiday Pay
- 401(k) with match
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Parental Bonding Benefit Program
Who We Are
Over the last twenty years, Red Ventures has built a portfolio of influential brands, digital platforms, and strategic partnerships that work together to connect millions of people with expert advice. Through premium content and personalized digital experiences, Red Ventures builds online journeys that make it easier for people to make important decisions about their homes, health, travel, finances, education and entertainment. Founded in 2000, Red Ventures has 3,000 employees in 10 cities across the US, as well as in the UK and Brazil. Red Ventures owns and operates several large digital brands including Healthline, The Points Guy, Bankrate, MYMOVE, and Allconnect.com.
For more information, visit https://redventures.com and follow @RedVentures on social platforms.
We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits program for full-time employees, including medical, dental and vision coverage, paid time off, life insurance, disability coverage, employee assistance program, 401(k) plan and a paid parental leave program.
Red Ventures is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or any other basis protected by law. Employment at Red Ventures is based solely on a person's merit and qualifications.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with disabilities. This includes providing reasonable accommodation where appropriate. Should you require a reasonable accommodation to apply or participate in the job application or interview process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ready to join a team that’s changing the game in the healthcare space? Healthgrades.com is the leading online marketplace to find and connect with the right doctor, the right hospital and the right care. Half of all Americans who visit a doctor this year will visit Healthgrades.com as part of their healthcare journey.Learn More about Healthgrades