Careers / Positions Data Engineering Manager - Healthgrades
Our goal is to listen, engage, and activate voices across Red Ventures to ensure that all identity groups and perspectives are represented in our work. Our aspiration is to have diverse teams at every level of the company, and we seek candidates who bring unique personal experiences, curiosity and an eagerness to embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion.
At a Glance
Healthgrades is focused on providing trusted information that helps consumers and providers make meaningful connections. As a Data Engineering Manager, you will oversee the processes, Pipelines, Systems and services provided by the Engineering teams within Marketplace. Further, have full accountability for inspection, testing, continuous improvement, and problem solving within the team. You will report on metrics related to stakeholder needs, quality and productivity of the business unit to the Director and will potentially manage individuals and teams in the future.
What You'll Do
- Oversee people leadership for the business unit with particular focus on stakeholder needs, quality, continuous improvement, and problem solving
- Sets priorities and assigns tasks to team resources
- Responsible for creating development plans to build on employee strengths
- Manages performance, has authority to hire and terminate employees, and makes compensation recommendations for supervisors and/or individual contributors
- Implements data governance and data integrity for the business unit
- Creates and enforces rules related to data requirements, processes, methodologies, and documentation and ensures development follows best practices
- Creates shared goals with the business unit’s clients and stakeholders on data integrity and proper uses of data
- Continually scan environments for improvements in security, stability and throughput while managing costs.
- Monitors relevant and valid data sources
- Identifies, communicates and utilizes data engineering best practices
- Leverages data engineering knowledge to design, maintain and evolve data services to analytics teams.
- Ensure integrity of existing and new solutions with focus on operations, reliability, security and scalability
- Ensures all products have been tested, confirmed, validated, and vetted prior to delivery to stakeholders
- Acts as a bridge between product, analysts, data science and data engineering to promote vision and direction for future projects and business needs.
What We're Looking For
- Approximately 7 years of experience in data engineering and analytics
- 5+ years of experience developing data pipelines or ETLs
- Strong understanding of SQL, relational databases, columnar data warehouses, and data modeling Snowflake database experience preferred
- Ability to instrument basic automation and CI/CD including a familiarity with Jenkins/Git
- Strong familiarity with cloud based services (AWS) and container technologies (Docker/Kubernetes)
- Ability to design and develop solutions around PHI/PII data with appropriate security principles
- Ability to design and implement solutions enabling Data-as-Services for downstream applications
- Experience with Microsoft SQL Server, Tableau, Python. Experience with Snowflake is a plus.
- Ability to analyze highly detailed information, identify performance issues, and make recommendations to business leaders
- Strong communication with detailed and complex information to multiple stakeholders
Pursuant to the Colorado Equal Pay Act, below is a summary of compensation elements for this role at the company if based in Colorado. The following benefits are provided by Red Ventures, subject to eligibility requirements.
- Starting Salary: $100,000 - $150,000* + 10% bonus
*Note actual salary is based on geographic location, qualifications and experience
- Health Insurance Coverage (medical, dental, and vision)
- Life Insurance
- Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Paid Time Off
- Holiday Pay
- 401(k) with match
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Parental Bonding Benefit Program
Who We Are
Over the last twenty years, Red Ventures has built a portfolio of influential brands, digital platforms, and strategic partnerships that work together to connect millions of people with expert advice. Through premium content and personalized digital experiences, Red Ventures builds online journeys that make it easier for people to make important decisions about their homes, health, travel, finances, education and entertainment. Founded in 2000, Red Ventures has 3,000 employees in 10 cities across the US, as well as in the UK and Brazil. Red Ventures owns and operates several large digital brands including Healthline, The Points Guy, Bankrate, MYMOVE, and Allconnect.com.
For more information, visit https://redventures.com and follow @RedVentures on social platforms.
We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits program for full-time employees, including medical, dental and vision coverage, paid time off, life insurance, disability coverage, employee assistance program, 401(k) plan and a paid parental leave program.
Red Ventures is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or any other basis protected by law. Employment at Red Ventures is based solely on a person's merit and qualifications.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with disabilities. This includes providing reasonable accommodation where appropriate. Should you require a reasonable accommodation to apply or participate in the job application or interview process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ready to join a team that’s changing the game in the healthcare space? Healthgrades.com is the leading online marketplace to find and connect with the right doctor, the right hospital and the right care. Half of all Americans who visit a doctor this year will visit Healthgrades.com as part of their healthcare journey.Learn More about Healthgrades