Careers / Positions Front End Developer, Financial Services
Our goal is to listen, engage, and activate voices across Red Ventures to ensure that all identity groups and perspectives are represented in our work. Our aspiration is to have diverse teams at every level of the company, and we seek candidates who bring unique personal experiences, curiosity and an eagerness to embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion.
At a Glance
Red Ventures is looking for a passionate and innovative Front End Developer with the skills and the drive to build and maintain digital experiences for some of the country’s biggest brands.
Each day, you'll create, code and optimize websites and user experiences in a workplace where you can see the impact of your ideas. We love to build high-quality software and believe there is real value in developing software to be easily understood, maintained, and extended. We are all about teamwork, accountability, innovation, and a customer-first approach. We work hard but do so in a collaborative, fun, and flexible work environment.
We are looking for a person who can help us build applications that can hold up to our business's scale & growth and who could work collaboratively with the business leaders to come up with innovative solutions to grow the business.
What You’ll Do
- Build and ship engaging, consumer-facing web experiences.
- Collaborate closely with business and design teams to scope and deliver valuable projects on time.
- Teach and learn new skills with your fellow developers, producing quality code with consistent standards.
- Continually look for opportunities to build value in the codebase: set standards, build tools, and automate jobs to make yourself and your team better and faster.
- Demonstrate a sharp eye for detail. Debug issues and execute so everything “just works.”
- Eager to take ownership of work, including collaboration with stakeholders and developers through the product development lifecycle
What We’re Looking For
- 3-5+ years experience in front end web development
- We don’t need you to be a designer, but we want someone who can partner closely with our talented design team. Experience with InVision and Figma is helpful.
- Working knowledge of the way front-end systems run in the cloud and download to the browser. Can you diagnose a caching problem with a CDN, and do you know how to fix it?
- Understanding or further reading of further-reaching technical concepts. (E.g., API design, modular structures, dependency injection, test automation, functional vs object-oriented programming, design patterns, etc.)
- Experience with page speed optimization. Working knowledge of web image formats, font loading techniques, and strategies for optimizing Core Web Vitals.
- Experience implementing Web Accessibility Standards.
- Ability to wrangle build systems. Webpack? Parcel? Gulp? Do you know the difference between “npm i” and “npm ci,” and when they should be used? Can you compile CSS from SASS while adjusting for certain browser compatibility?
- You volunteer or mentor fellow developers
Join one of the most prestigious brands in the world, and do meaningful work that helps millions of people make better financial decisions for their families and their futures. Our Bankrate team spans offices all over the country, and we’re looking for a wide range of talent to help us grow – from technology experts, to journalists, to business leaders, and more.Learn More about Bankrate