Careers / Positions Roving Editor - CNET
Our goal is to listen, engage, and activate voices across Red Ventures to ensure that all identity groups and perspectives are represented in our work. Our aspiration is to have diverse teams at every level of the company, and we seek candidates who bring unique personal experiences, curiosity and an eagerness to embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion.
At a Glance
CNET, the world’s largest tech news and advice site, is looking for someone who understands how to write compelling stories and craft effective headlines. As a Roving Editor, you’ll be working as a writer and editor with our News and Advice content teams in a fast-paced, deadline driven organization. This includes writing and/or updating stories, tailoring headlines and working with our SEO and Growth and Engagement teams to stay on top of overall editorial goals and promotion efforts.
What You'll Do
- Write on assignment, including news, features, how-tos, reviews, and other stories under deadline
- Edit and update existing CNET articles
- Use analytics and other tools to track and optimize story performance
- Write and edit great headlines and descriptions, and select compelling images to represent stories
- Contribute to the overall success of our coverage by advising on the strategy and writing content for feature packages and timely content opportunities like Amazon Prime Day, Black Friday, the Consumer Electronics Show, and industry press conferences
What We're Looking For
- 1+ years of digital journalism experience
- Bachelor's degree in journalism, communications, or English
- Experience writing and editing under fast turn-around deadlines
- Excellent organizational skills
- Experience with spreadsheets
- A willingness to be flexible and adaptable; since the media and tech industries are two of the fastest changing industries on the planet, priorities change rapidly and regularly
- We’re also keen to work with individuals who are trustworthy, committed, considerate, collaborative and good listeners, with a high emotional IQ
Who We Are
CNET Media Group is a pioneer in digital media. CNET, a leading global technology news brand, has grown over 25 years to cover all aspects of technology in our lives, including automotive coverage at Roadshow and Spanish-language technology coverage at CNET en Español. CNET paved the way for CNET Media Group, an expansive portfolio of digital media brands that advise consumers across leading consumer tech, business tech, gaming, and entertainment media brands including ZDNet, a leader in B2B focused content and Gamespot, a renowned games information brand in the US, according to ComScore. The portfolio also includes revered entertainment and lifestyle brands like TVGuide, Metacritic, and Chowhound.
Over the last twenty years, Red Ventures has built a portfolio of influential brands, digital platforms, and strategic partnerships that work together to connect millions of people with expert advice. Through premium content and personalized digital experiences, Red Ventures builds online journeys that make it easier for people to make important decisions about their homes, health, travel, finances, education and entertainment. Founded in 2000, Red Ventures has 3,000 employees in 10 cities across the US, as well as in the UK and Brazil. Red Ventures owns and operates several large digital brands including Healthline, The Points Guy, Bankrate, MYMOVE, and Allconnect.com. For more information, visit https://redventures.com and follow @RedVentures on social platforms.
We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits program for full-time employees, including medical, dental and vision coverage, paid time off, life insurance, disability coverage, employee assistance program, 401(k) plan and a paid parental leave program.
Red Ventures is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or any other basis protected by law. Employment at Red Ventures is based solely on a person's merit and qualifications.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with disabilities. This includes providing reasonable accommodation where appropriate. Should you require a reasonable accommodation to apply or participate in the job application or interview process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Join an iconic portfolio of world-class brands that reach close to 100 million unique visitors monthly, advising passionate consumers about everything they love. Properties under the CNET umbrella include GameSpot, ZDNet, Metacritic, TechRepublic, and more. We’re looking for top-tier journalists and other top talent to join our mission of helping people make life’s most important decisions.Learn More about CNET