Careers / Positions Personal Finance Video Producer - CNET
Our goal is to listen, engage, and activate voices across Red Ventures to ensure that all identity groups and perspectives are represented in our work. Our aspiration is to have diverse teams at every level of the company, and we seek candidates who bring unique personal experiences, curiosity and an eagerness to embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion.
At a Glance
We’re seeking a talented producer/shooter/editor and creative storyteller to produce premium personal-finance video content for CNET’s YouTube channels and CNET.com. This person needs to be passionate about video journalism, and comfortable working solo and in close collaboration with CNET on air talent to create short and long form content. This person has experience covering personal-finance topics, and is comfortable explaining complicated financial topics to a general audience. You will work primarily on personal-finance content, but also on videos focused on other aspects of consumer advice.
What You’ll Do
- Pitch story ideas, write scripts, produce (both in-studio & in-field), shoot, edit and publish videos to meet same-day deadlines.
- Work closely with our YouTube team to ideate and develop new content specifically for that platform.
- Participate in regular brainstorms with the wider CNET team to come up with new ideas and ensure we are always producing the most innovative features possible.
- Producing high quality, thoughtful, and entertaining video for CNET’s platforms and its partners about personal-finance tech and general consumer advice.
- Work closely with the video teams (CNET.com & YouTube) to identify story opportunities, develop production plans, and execute on them.
- Serve as the primary producer & editor for videos in the personal-finance sections of CNET.com and CNET’s other platforms.
What We’re Looking For
- A demo reel or portfolio of work.
- 3+ years of hands on video production (in-studio and in-field) that includes the use of professional camera and lighting equipment and Premiere Pro editing software.
- 1+ years of experience in business news or personal-finance journalism.
- BA/BS or equivalent combination of education and experience - broadcast journalism or related field preferred.
- YouTube Certification
- On-camera experience
Who We Are
CNET Media Group is a pioneer in digital media. CNET, a leading global technology news brand, has grown over 25 years to cover all aspects of technology in our lives, including automotive coverage at Roadshow and Spanish-language technology coverage at CNET en Español. CNET paved the way for CNET Media Group, an expansive portfolio of digital media brands that advise consumers across leading consumer tech, business tech, gaming, and entertainment media brands including ZDNet, a leader in B2B focused content and Gamespot, a renowned games information brand in the US, according to ComScore. The portfolio also includes revered entertainment and lifestyle brands like TVGuide, Metacritic, and Chowhound.
Over the last twenty years, Red Ventures has built a portfolio of influential brands, digital platforms, and strategic partnerships that work together to connect millions of people with expert advice. Through premium content and personalized digital experiences, Red Ventures builds online journeys that make it easier for people to make important decisions about their homes, health, travel, finances, education and entertainment. Founded in 2000, Red Ventures has 3,000 employees in 10 cities across the US, as well as in the UK and Brazil. Red Ventures owns and operates several large digital brands including Healthline, The Points Guy, Bankrate, MYMOVE, and Allconnect.com.For more information, visit https://redventures.com and follow @RedVentures on social platforms.
We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits program for full-time employees, including medical, dental and vision coverage, paid time off, life insurance, disability coverage, employee assistance program, 401(k) plan and a paid parental leave program.
Red Ventures is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or any other basis protected by law. Employment at Red Ventures is based solely on a person's merit and qualifications.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with disabilities. This includes providing reasonable accommodation where appropriate. Should you require a reasonable accommodation to apply or participate in the job application or interview process, please contact email@example.com.
Join an iconic portfolio of world-class brands that reach close to 100 million unique visitors monthly, advising passionate consumers about everything they love. Properties under the CNET umbrella include GameSpot, ZDNet, Metacritic, TechRepublic, and more. We’re looking for top-tier journalists and other top talent to join our mission of helping people make life’s most important decisions.Learn More about CNET