Careers / Positions Vice President of People Operations | Red Digital
Our goal is to listen, engage, and activate voices across Red Ventures to ensure that all identity groups and perspectives are represented in our work. Our aspiration is to have diverse teams at every level of the company, and we seek candidates who bring unique personal experiences, curiosity and an eagerness to embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion.
At a Glance
Do you have a passion for driving business results through people development and employee engagement? If so, Red Ventures has an outstanding opportunity for you. The ideal candidate will have a background in the partnering with senior and executive level business leaders, experience leading a strategic HR environment, executive coaching, performance management and employee development experience, as well as experience and a passion for moving fast and making an impact. Sound like you? Then read on!
The VP, People Operations role with the Red Digital industry group requires a unique blend of visionary leadership and tactical execution. Success is determined by developing and driving strategy on key HR initiatives, building and/or growing a team of People Operations leaders and individual execution across various workstreams, all within an entrepreneurial culture.
The VP, People Operations will operate as a strategic and solutions-oriented business partner, developing and implementing talent strategies for the Industry Group of which you’re a part. You will also help foster an inclusive workplace by working on strategies to support diversity, equity and inclusion across your vertical and the organization. As an engaging people leader, you’ll have an opportunity to build a team of HR Business Partners who support employees across Red Ventures’ locations. As an individual executor, you’ll take on significant HR practice and policy initiatives, work through performance management and employee development, and partner with business leadership to drive the design and implementation of the industry talent ecosystem.
What You’ll Do
- Responsible for all people-related strategy and the execution of the industry talent ecosystem (in partnership with the business and other supporting HR functions)
- Serve as executive coach to business leaders, partnering closely to advise, influence and shape individual and team culture
- Build, lead and develop a team of HR Business Partners, functional leads and other team members supporting various HR teams: recruitment, performance management, talent development, etc
- Guide your team as they partner with managers and other staff to facilitate the resolution of employee relations' issues and the rollout of HR programs, policies and initiatives
- Initiate and implement strategic initiatives and progressive Human Resource programs that will enhance overall culture and organizational effectiveness
- Ensure excellent HR practice for exempt and non-exempt employees across multiple locations, primarily headquartered in Charlotte, NC
- Review and evaluate disciplinary actions to ensure consistent application of company policies, federal and state laws
What We’re Looking for
- 8+ years of direct HR Business Partner experience with an expertise in people management, business partnership and coaching, performance/talent management, and employee relations
- Minimum of 3 years previous leadership/managerial experience
- A bachelor’s degree in related field or related equivalent experience
- Experience in coaching and advising employees at multiple levels from front-line non-exempt employees to business leaders, with a special focus on coaching senior executives
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills; demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with all levels of management and staff
- Demonstrated ability to influence, communicate and build relationships at all levels
- Experience working with outside legal counsel and consultants, as well as managing vendors
- Strong acumen in human capital modules and experience with people analytics
- Highly motivated self-starter who is adept at handling multiple competing priorities and duties in a fast-paced, results-driven, rapidly changing environment - with minimal daily oversight
- Strong preference for experience with a best-in-class employer with excellent, innovative HR practices and benefits
- Strong team player with high bias to action and accountability
- Interested in hearing more from our leader of HR? Our former VP of HR (now our VP of Recruiting and Talent) breaks down what HR is here at Red Ventures on our blog.
Who We Are
Founded in 2000, Red Ventures is a portfolio of growing digital businesses that bring consumers and brands together through integrated e-commerce, strategic partnerships and many proprietary brands including Bankrate, AllConnect.com and Reviews.com. Headquartered south of Charlotte, NC, Red Ventures has over 3000 employees in offices across the US, as well as London and Sao Paulo. For more information, visit www.redventures.com.
We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits program for full-time employees, including medical, dental and vision coverage, paid time off, life insurance, disability coverage, employee assistance program, 401(k) plan and a paid parental leave program.
Red Ventures is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or any other basis protected by law. Employment at Red Ventures is based solely on a person's merit and qualifications.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with disabilities. This includes providing reasonable accommodation where appropriate. Should you require a reasonable accommodation to apply or participate in the job application or interview process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Red Ventures is a portfolio of influential brands, digital platforms, and strategic partnerships. We’re made up of dozens of teams spanning multiple industries and geographies - all working together to help people make life’s most important decisions. Whether you’re looking for freedom to build new brands and businesses from the ground up, an opportunity to partner with brands who are already globally recognized, or a combination of both - this is a place where you can unlock substantial experience and even make entire career shifts, all within one organization.Learn More about Red Ventures