Careers / Positions Director of Privacy
Our goal is to listen, engage, and activate voices across Red Ventures to ensure that all identity groups and perspectives are represented in our work. Our aspiration is to have diverse teams at every level of the company, and we seek candidates who bring unique personal experiences, curiosity and an eagerness to embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion.
Director of Privacy
Director of Privacy
What You'll Do
- Identify and implement operational improvements to embed privacy and data protection in the way business teams work.
- Assist in the review and assessment of new products, features, and uses of personal data to ensure compliance with data privacy laws and regulations and industry best practices.
- Monitor and anticipate privacy-related regulatory developments and help implement any changes required by new privacy laws or regulations
- Assist with maintaining and updating privacy notices as required and appropriate
- Drive the evolution of privacy metrics and key risk indicators in support of management and key stakeholder reporting.
- Monitoring compliance with privacy laws and contractual agreements.
- Creating, adopting and maintaining Policies and Procedures to comply with applicable global privacy regulations.
- Conducting privacy assessments and developing strategies to address identified risks.
- Answering privacy-related questions from employees and partners.
- Investigating and acting on privacy complaints.
- Reporting directly to the Chief Privacy Officer, with support from legal and compliance, and business teams.
Who We're Looking For
- Successful experience as a privacy leader in your organization with demonstrated expansion of responsibility.
- Knowledge of US Federal and State consumer and sectoral privacy laws and regulations, global privacy laws such as the GDPR and the Privacy and Electronic Communications Directive.
- Experience with US and International Adtech standards, compliance frameworks, and contracts.
- BS/BA/JD in a relevant field is desired, but current privacy certifications such as CIPP US/E, CIPM, PLS, CIPT or equivalent are even better.
- Experience and/or Certifications using privacy enhancing technologies (ex: OneTrust, BigID, etc) is a plus
- Comfortable contributing to the review of contracts as it related to Privacy matters.
- High level of personal integrity, and the ability to professionally handle confidential matters and exude the appropriate level of judgment and maturity.
- A can-do attitude and ability to efficiently and effectively manage competing projects and priorities
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to the right details
- Exceptional interpersonal and influencing skills; success at cultivating strong relationships.
- High attention to detail in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience in Financial Services, Media, AdTech, Technology, Consumer Products, and/or Travel is a nice to have.
- A sense of humor is 100% required!
Who We Are:
- Founded in 2000, Red Ventures is a portfolio of growing digital businesses that bring consumers and brands together through integrated e-commerce, strategic partnerships and many proprietary brands including Bankrate, AllConnect.com and Reviews.com. Headquartered south of Charlotte, NC, Red Ventures has over 3000 employees in offices across the US, as well as London and Sao Paulo. For more information, visit redventures.com.
- We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits program for full-time employees, including medical, dental and vision coverage, paid time off, life insurance, disability coverage, employee assistance program, 401(k) plan and a paid parental leave program.
- Red Ventures is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or any other basis protected by law. Employment at Red Ventures is based solely on a person's merit and qualifications.
- We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with disabilities. This includes providing reasonable accommodation where appropriate. Should you require a reasonable accommodation to apply or participate in the job application or interview process, please contact email@example.com.
Red Ventures is a portfolio of influential brands, digital platforms, and strategic partnerships. We’re made up of dozens of teams spanning multiple industries and geographies - all working together to help people make life’s most important decisions. Whether you’re looking for freedom to build new brands and businesses from the ground up, an opportunity to partner with brands who are already globally recognized, or a combination of both - this is a place where you can unlock substantial experience and even make entire career shifts, all within one organization.Learn More about Red Ventures