Careers / Positions Associate Software Engineer, Red Platform
Our goal is to listen, engage, and activate voices across Red Ventures to ensure that all identity groups and perspectives are represented in our work. Our aspiration is to have diverse teams at every level of the company, and we seek candidates who bring unique personal experiences, curiosity and an eagerness to embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion.
At a Glance
A unique division of Red Ventures, Red Platform is looking for talented, result-oriented, and innovative Associate Front End Engineers to join our team. Engineers will be responsible for building services and experiences across multiple business verticals and various product types including Wealth, Health, Education, and many more. You will develop solutions that drive immediate organizational value utilizing our proprietary platform which receives 33MM unique views a month.
In addition to building applications that can hold up to our business's scale & growth, our team of engineers works collaboratively with the business leaders to come up with innovative solutions to grow the business. We love to build high-quality software and believe that there is real value in developing software to be easily understood, maintained, and extended. We are all about teamwork, accountability, innovation, and a customer-first approach. We work hard, but do so in a collaborative, fun, and flexible work environment.
As a member of the team, you will have the opportunity to work on mission-critical projects directly impacting the evolution of our business. You will be able to apply your programming skills towards building high throughput transactional services and highly performant web experiences. We always explore new technologies and engineer better solutions for demanding business needs.
What You'll Do
- Designing, modifying, developing, writing, testing, and implementing software.
- Taking ownership and responsibility of the work at hand and shepherding code through to production.
- Collaborating with product leaders, business stakeholders, and other developers to problem solve and deliver a quality product.
- Maintain curiosity and a desire to improve yourself and your colleagues through self-study and professional development.
What We're Looking For
- 1+ years of software development experience.
- VueJS experience or similar (ReactJS, AngularJS, etc.).
- Experience working with test frameworks such as Jest, Mocha and Chai.
- Comfortable working with the command line and git.
- Knowledge of Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) environments.
- Strong understanding of software design patterns, object-oriented programming, functional programming concepts, and software architecture.
- Experience with CSS frameworks such as SASS/SCSS, and knowledge of BEM, ACSS or other CSS methodologies.
- Experience with Node.js as well as common front-end development tools such as Babel, Webpack, NPM, etc.
- Experience working in a Test-Driven Development (TDD) environment, and writing high-quality documentation.
- Experience developing and supporting production quality APIs.
- REST, GraphQL, and API services, HTTP Status Codes, Content Negotiation, API versioning, Caching.
A Red Ventures Brand
Over the last twenty years, Red Ventures has built a portfolio of influential brands, digital platforms, and strategic partnerships that work together to connect millions of people with expert advice. Through premium content and personalized digital experiences, Red Ventures builds online journeys that make it easier for people to make important decisions about their homes, health, travel, finances, education and entertainment. Founded in 2000, Red Ventures has 3,000 employees in 10 cities across the US, as well as in the UK and Brazil. Red Ventures owns and operates several large digital brands including Healthline, The Points Guy, Bankrate, MYMOVE, and Allconnect.com.
For more information, visit https://redventures.com and follow @RedVentures on social platforms.
We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits program for full-time employees, including medical, dental and vision coverage, paid time off, life insurance, disability coverage, employee assistance program, 401(k) plan and a paid parental leave program.
Red Ventures is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or any other basis protected by law. Employment at Red Ventures is based solely on a person's merit and qualifications.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with disabilities. This includes providing reasonable accommodation where appropriate. Should you require a reasonable accommodation to apply or participate in the job application or interview process, please contact email@example.com.
Red Ventures is a portfolio of influential brands, digital platforms, and strategic partnerships. We’re made up of dozens of teams spanning multiple industries and geographies - all working together to help people make life’s most important decisions. Whether you’re looking for freedom to build new brands and businesses from the ground up, an opportunity to partner with brands who are already globally recognized, or a combination of both - this is a place where you can unlock substantial experience and even make entire career shifts, all within one organization.Learn More about Red Ventures