Careers / Positions Travel Reporter
Our goal is to listen, engage, and activate voices across Red Ventures to ensure that all identity groups and perspectives are represented in our work. Our aspiration is to have diverse teams at every level of the company, and we seek candidates who bring unique personal experiences, curiosity and an eagerness to embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion.
At a Glance
The Points Guy crew is looking for a General Assignment Reporter to focus on general airline and travel news, deals and whatever pops up on any given day. They will be the ultimate team utility player, able to jump into any project thrown their way.
What You’ll Do
- Report and publish 3-5 daily posts of roughly 200-500 words each, sometimes written with limited turnaround time (generally less than two hours).
- Occasionally write longer, feature stories Consistently improve the quality of TPG’s editorial coverage.
- Be engaged in social media, staying current with trends.
- Understand SEO value and employ best practices.
- Be engaged on data for our editorial coverage and use it to make informed decisions about coverage.
What We’re Looking For
- Knowledge of aviation, points and miles and the general travel industry.
- 2+ years’ experience as a reporter/writer.
- Ability to quickly and accurately write stories.
- Strong knowledge of AP style.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
Who We Are
Founded in 2000, Red Ventures is a portfolio of growing digital businesses that bring consumers and brands together through integrated e-commerce, strategic partnerships and many proprietary brands including Bankrate, AllConnect.com and Reviews.com. Headquartered south of Charlotte, NC, Red Ventures has over 3000 employees in offices across the US, as well as London and Sao Paulo. For more information, visit www.redventures.com.
We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits program for full-time employees, including medical, dental and vision coverage, paid time off, life insurance, disability coverage, employee assistance program, 401(k) plan and a paid parental leave program.
Red Ventures is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or any other basis protected by law. Employment at Red Ventures is based solely on a person's merit and qualifications.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with disabilities. This includes providing reasonable accommodation where appropriate. Should you require a reasonable accommodation to apply or participate in the job application or interview process, please contact email@example.com.
Red Ventures is a portfolio of influential brands, digital platforms, and strategic partnerships. We’re made up of dozens of teams spanning multiple industries and geographies - all working together to help people make life’s most important decisions. Whether you’re looking for freedom to build new brands and businesses from the ground up, an opportunity to partner with brands who are already globally recognized, or a combination of both - this is a place where you can unlock substantial experience and even make entire career shifts, all within one organization.Learn More about Red Ventures